Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was never a chance I was missing this. You've got to be there through the worst of it, no matter what state I'm in.

And I'll be doing cartwheels in front of the Derry if we somehow scored a last minute winner in the hope a riot would ensue.

3-0 Dundee, Pates sent off for nutting Anier, Erskine warned for clotheslining Mixu, Demel applauded for strangling Durnan, Gunning arrested for streaking from the Derry, Dow gives the finger to the Shankly, The Serpent ejected for brawling with stewards, Sneijder commentating for Dutch TV.

This is not the time for rotten banter. Do not try to cheer me up Banana.

Excellent. Apart from anything else there aren't enough lavies and pie stalls for the home support when the away club gets sections A, B & C of the Main Stand. It's nice to have the stand to ourselves.

Good to hear that you have time to nip down from your perch in the Press box Rumps for a half-time peh. I suppose the break and the nourishment allows your neutrons to interact in a creative tempest of composition for the match report!

Think this should be the last game that we play our strongest team... the final dead rubber games should be used to blood some of our youngsters with a view to developing them for next season ... any thoughts ?

Defo in the best interests of the club. Good to see if any of the under 17s would make the grade.

Think this should be the last game that we play our strongest team... the final dead rubber games should be used to blood some of our youngsters with a view to developing them for next season ... any thoughts ?

If we were fairly safe in seventh, then it would be a good idea, especially against Kilmarnock.

Good to hear that you have time to nip down from your perch in the Press box Rumps for a half-time peh. I suppose the break and the nourishment allows your neutrons to interact in a creative tempest of composition for the match report!

Never at half time, but sometimes before the game. I'm a sucker for stodge, ie macaroni pie.

It's a pity I'm not giving up the gig just yet. This would have been a perfect derby to sign off on, knowing it wouldn't matter if I got sacked in the morning for submitting a drunken match report written in collaboration with my esteemed colleagues in the Perth Dees.

Got this from facebook,thought it would be good to share.

Aye, just saw that. High quality stuff. Good to see dignity being maintained, you can almost hear and smell the tears and snotters.

Would be even better with a bit of punctuation and perhaps a smattering of spellcheck me thinks.

Didnae bather wee the skail then ay no ? Wisnay fur hum.

History is repeating. Back in the early 80's when Utd were riding high, the board of First Division Dundee proclaimed "we are still the big club in the city"; in a desperate self - deluded attempt at relevancy. They were fooling no one.

History is repeating. Back in the early 80's when Utd were riding high, the board of First Division Dundee proclaimed "we are still the big club in the city"; in a desperate self - deluded attempt at relevancy. They were fooling no one.

What a pile of shite.

You think United are "riding high?"

Or is what is actually happening right now got absolutely nothing to do with anything that has happened before?

Archived