Falkirk v Morton

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there's been two, but I'm sure you knew that.

Fair enough: for some reason I thought that Hamilton's had been a straight 11th v 2nd shoot-out. The point however generally stands - the supposed arduous task that either 3rd or 4th has to win the play-offs is based on insufficient data - two seasons does not demonstrate that either side faces a ridiculous barrier to winning promotion.

I'm sure you also know the team finishing 3rd of 4th in leagues 1 and 2 play four games, as opposed to a potential 6 games to get promoted.

This appears to be the crux of the 'difficulty' factor - playing a whole two extra games. At this level they are full-time, professional players who have played a relatively light 36 match regular league season. In the English system a full ten extra league games are played before the play-offs kick in at the same time of year. There's very little evidence that an extra two games will make players excessively prone to injury or collapse in a heap from exhaustion.

In any case - given that all of the clubs in play-off contention were already well placed in January, you all had a sufficient opportunity to prepare for the likelihood of an extended end of season stretching to six extra matches. If your squad currently isn't good enough to anticipate success in three double header ties then it is not good enough to win promotion. Get off your cross.

I said on the Hibs - Falkirk thread I thought I heard them plagiarising our McGinn song, never saw it confirmed.  Better stealing that than oh the hibees are gay I suppose.

Can you plagiarise something that's already been plagiarised? Honest question, I'm not sure.

Guest Back Post Misses

Our game against Raith was getting fairly nawty so to be playing them again twice soon after would mean players getting sent off/injured for either team.

Second place is definitely a prize.

Hopefully Madden is not in charge. He allows players to kick other players in the head when they are on the ground.

The first team I heard singing the McGinn song was Cardiff City fans they had a verdion if it about Malky Mackay when they didn't want the owner to sack him. It's the same with Warburton and the magic hat song that was nicked off Man United and was about Roy Keane. We are the steeple is the only original song not nicked off anyone 😆

If you asked any Falkirk fan of a certain age the choir days would probably be their best following the Bairns. My Dad took me to my first game in 1971 and I used to sit in the stand and just watch the choir. Could not wait until I was old enough to go there. The young team now don't know what they missed 😆

The first team I heard singing the McGinn song was Cardiff City fans they had a verdion if it about Malky Mackay when they didn't want the owner to sack him. It's the same with Warburton and the magic hat song that was nicked off Man United and was about Roy Keane. We are the steeple is the only original song not nicked off anyone 😆

Heard Man Utd fans singing it about Park Ji-Sun when i was down there in 2011

Theres a few for Park , the ten green bottles one if a good one

There was 10 Alsations walking down the street

10 alsations walking down the street

But if Ji Sun Park, had fancied one to eat

There'll be 9 alsations walking down the street

9 alsations walking down the street ....

And so on

Archived