Will youth get a chance next season?

One criticism I have of Warburton is that he'd rather bring bang average players on loan from English teams (Oduwa, Zelalem) than play youngsters from the youth team. There is something like 10 players on loan at other clubs this season, some of whom who have played a good few games for the Rangers first team (Murdoch, Walsh, Crawford, Hardie, Gasporotto) will the young lads get a chance next season or will they be punted for good to make way for English lower league average Joe's?

(I already include Windass and Crooks in that statement)

Warburton stated when be first came here that he would be using the loan system in and out, sending young players out to get experience and hopefully make it in to our team when they come back.

Will see another Scottish fitba fans campaign demanding that we play only youths?

Sevco must be taught a lesson.

I think the gruesome twosome will revert to type and they will sign similar type i.e. guys from English leagues who are not getting games at their clubs because there are three or four more expensive players in front of them. ( dont think King's war purse will go much further than that)

The youths? Far too risky to play them, especially next season where four clubs might be a bit closer and the league will be won by couple of points.

You will only know if this is going to work till Christmas next season, if either of the gruesome twosome are struggling any good players for the Scots prem will be linked to them as well 

So look forward to every cheap signing from doon sooth to be trumpeted as "the next Vardy" and some panic buying mid season if things are not working out.

Pretty much as you were but on a smaller budget.

Still Rangers fans have a nice stand at their training ground to watch their young lads kick baw aboot. 

I think the gruesome twosome will revert to type and they will sign similar type i.e. guys from English leagues who are not getting games at their clubs because there are three or four more expensive players in front of them. ( dont think King's war purse will go much further than that)

The youths? Far too risky to play them, especially next season where four clubs might be a bit closer and the league will be won by couple of points.

You will only know if this is going to work till Christmas next season, if either of the gruesome twosome are struggling any good players for the Scots prem will be linked to them as well 

So look forward to every cheap signing from doon sooth to be trumpeted as "the next Vardy" and some panic buying mid season if things are not working out.

Pretty much as you were but on a smaller budget.

Still Rangers fans have a nice stand at their training ground to watch their young lads kick baw aboot. 

barrie mckay + danny wilson are former youth players who have played in almost every game this season, if the players are good enough they will get a chance, hopefully the likes of gasparatto, hardie etc can get themselves in the squad next season, of the players that will remain at the club next season only miller, waghorn and wallce are over 25, rangers are all about giving youth a chance, you can add windass and crooks to that list as well both 22

Rangers were kind of forced to play youth when they had to start again from scratch, and it's actually been a blessing in disguise in that sense.  They have quite a clutch of very good youth players coming through it would appear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rangers were kind of forced to play youth when they had to start again from scratch, and it's actually been a blessing in disguise in that sense. They have quite a clutch of very good youth players coming through it would appear.

Is that because they hosed all the money they could muster on Fat Sally. Fabulous manager. Worth every penny. Incredible knowledge of the game. As talented a manager as he was a player.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived