Clyde v Stirling

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well when you bring 350 plus to a bog standard away game (like we did at your ground this season)in the this division come back and let me know

Meaningless game for us but for Clyde a win was a must, would have thought a big Club like Clyde as you like to think yourselves would have had a bigger attendance yesterday. 2nd lowest in the League that day. Even your opponents in the playoff, Elgin had over 1100 at their game. Poor show from the Clyde support, I've no doubt had the Albion been in your position yesterday that we could have surpassed that figure at Forthbank.

Meaningless game for us but for Clyde a win was a must, would have thought a big Club like Clyde as you like to think yourselves would have had a bigger attendance yesterday. 2nd lowest in the League that day. Even your opponents in the playoff, Elgin had over 1100 at their game. Poor show from the Clyde support, I've no doubt had the Albion been in your position yesterday that we could have surpassed that figure at Forthbank.

Why do you care so much?

you hang on to that thought should keep you going throughout the summer

Yawn !!

Just watched the highlights online and Stirling Albion's defending is the worst I've seen this season, and that's coming from a boy who saw his own side concede 80 league goals.

All the best for next season's play-off push under Stuart McLaren.

Although you are totally right FF and our Defending was murder yesterday, to be fair on the players, it's generally been pretty good for most of the season. I don't actually know what happened at the back yesterday, it was pretty uncharacteristic for large parts, although we still look vulnerable from cross balls.

Ross Smith has been brilliant this season but looked shakey throughout....then got sent off. Ross McMillan has been woeful since coming back from injury, Scott Davidson has strolled games since coming in but was rag dolled by the Clyde Attack.

I have not spoken to, heard or read of any fan who thinks Stuart McLaren is the man for a Play Off push next season, and having heard a list of players he has spoken too or who have signed for next then I fully expect more of the same!! The board have made their decision though so we've got to live with it.

I doubt it. Clyde are used to being in a league or two above this one, added to their recent slump in form, a push for a playoff place for a league they should probably be winning was hardly going to have their fans on the edge of their seats.

You need to look at the whole picture when judging an attendance.

Elgin had a big crowd because, with respect, this is about as high in the league as they've ever been. So it's relatively exciting for their supporters.

I doubt it. Clyde are used to being in a league or two above this one, added to their recent slump in form, a push for a playoff place for a league they should probably be winning was hardly going to have their fans on the edge of their seats.

Elgin had a big crowd because, with respect, this is about as high in the league as they've ever been. So it's relatively exciting for their supporters.

lot of good points

our support has been shot to s*** over the past 6 years or so through in fighting ,name change proposals, failed relocations and most importantly an absolutely dire product on the park being honest I'm surprised so many have stuck with it , this season has seen a change the team has had great backing there is now a real connection with the players and we have manager who is one of the most honest guys ever to have been in the dugout (maitland being the other ) yes he has his faults but ask him a question and you will get what he really thinks

yesterday and at quite a few times this season the support have been fully unified behind the team /manager in political speak there are small shoots of recovery, no matter what happens in the play offs I have enjoyed this season we have had some cracking away days and home days it's actually enjoyable going to watch the Clyde this season not something I could have said for a good while

Nice to read a sensible post on here every once in a while!

Travelled over from Ireland for this game. Very happy with the result and the performance. Thought Marsh was excellent and was impressed with Kirkpatrick as well. Thought Marko, Linton and McLaughlin did well. I was impressed also by young Ross Millen.

But for ffs why have we not signed a better keeper than Gibson? The last match I travelled over for was the Berwick game back in September when he caught a back pass that had bounced 3 times along the cross bar and made some other mad decisions but the ball he left under his body on Saturday just summed him up, bombscare!!

If anyone is going to end our play off hopes it's him.

I have read here about young Waters and there are concerns about him but surely he is better than this lad.

Hope I am wrong and he plays 4 blinders as we clinch promotion :)

Ferguson gave a decent explanation regarding Waters, in that as much as he may generally look better than Gibson, he also has a duty of care, even with a loan player, to his development. He saw things which were creeping into Waters game (or maybe just things that had never been worked before at first team level) that, if ignored, would do the lad, and us, much more damage by just carrying on. With Gibson, the best advice is to not think about things too much, no one knows more than him when he's fucked up, i get that at this bit of the season, that isn't great, but we've had our touch with goalies this year.....we made it eight months using just one, and got a decent boy in for a few weeks.....BF won't do that again, he'll have two competing keepers, we just need to get behind the guy....he might yet be the reason we go up!

Good post mate

Archived