Clyde v Stirling

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easy win in the end as Stirling were rotten. We passed the ball about well at times and Marsh took his goals well.

Is Higgins still injured? Gemmell was struggling today do we could be doing with having him back.

Glad we finished 3rd as it means Elgin have to travel down midweek which is not great for a part time.

Poor performance today from the Albion, 2-0 down at halftime. Never in the game in the second half Clyde could have scored more before going 3-0up, only good point from the 2nd half goal scored by Scott Burns late on, that was after Ross Smith was sent off for clipping a Clyde player, bit harsh imo should have been a yellow.

Thank f**k the seasons over for us, hopefully things will get better for us next season, I hope.

Poor performance today from the Albion, 2-0 down at halftime. Never in the game in the second half Clyde could have scored more before going 3-0up, only good point from the 2nd half goal scored by Scott Burns late on, that was after Ross Smith was sent off for clipping a Clyde player, bit harsh imo should have been a yellow.

Thank f**k the seasons over for us, hopefully things will get better for us next season, I hope.

:lol: I can only assume you didn't have a good view of it. Shocking tackle, clear red card and I couldn't believe he had the cheek to moan about it. Several months overdue as he should've been red card in the match at Forthbank.

Not really much to say about today as it was an absolute stroll. Some decent half chances for Stirling throughout (particularly the one for Moses in the first half) but Marsh could've scored 5 goals in the first half. I called it after 5 minutes and said he'd score a goal today as their midfield got nowhere near him.

As well as Marsh played, and he was terrific, I'm actually heading towards Kirkpatrick for my man of the match. I thought he was outstanding today and almost got goal of the season at the end. McMann was excellent in the first half, died off a bit after the break. Not bad from the rest of them but for Gibson letting the ball go through his legs. Mental.

Great goal from the competition winner for a consolation.

Funny moment in the second half when Sean Dickson turned round to shout "There's three of them against us in midfield! Marsh, McLaughlin and Kirkpatrick!" and McLaren just looked baffled.

That was torture, absolute dire stuff from Stirling, although Sean Burns scored an absolute worldly.

Nobody showed up for us and as they were applauding the support coming off the pitch I turned to the guy behind me and said "hopefully that's the last we see of most of them" and I standby that.

That performance just summed our season up for me. Sloppy defending leading to goal, absolutely no creativity or ideas going forward, no punch in attack and indiscipline costing us with a Red card.

It was as bad as the 6-0 mauling by East Fife.....infact it may have been worse, had Clyde not taken their foot off the pedal then it could have been anything.

The board have stuck by McLaren but in return he can't afford to be loyal to this group of players. The majority of them disgraced the club last season and they have let the club down again this season.....what makes it worse is McLaren's own signings, by and large, have also let us down!!

It's plain and simple, we need a clear out and hopefully the fact that there has been no recent news about contract renewals means that there will be.

Honestly, £12 for me, £6 for my son, a rotten cup of coffee costing £2 and £2.50 for a programme that my son wanted......what a day.

PS - I was looking past 2 crowded technical areas so am in no fit place to say if it was a Ref Card offence or not.

Pretty good performance for most of the game against a Stirling team who had already started their summer holiday.

Kilpatrick was excellent, what a difference having someone who actually runs at the opposition, Marsh at his most effective, getting into the box from midfield. Also thought Gemmell had a pretty good first half and given service can be effective.

Gormley gave his usual frustrating performance, can cause problems with his workrate etc but his touch and awairness is awful. I do worry about the keeper situation but we are stuck with that now.

Absolutely no idea how we will do in play off. If we turn up and actually defend we will have a chance, but won't expect much..with luck I will be proved wrong, I really do hope so.

Edited to say; if Doris rumour is true, no thanks if today is anything to go by.

Wtf is mclaren thinking about we start playing with 3 at the back with Moses supporting Doris upfront.f...k me Moses upfront never been and never will be a striker he's a winger end of actually felt for the lad today bullied of the ball didn't have a clue but not his fault.Velraque gave the ball away so many times and his crossing is woeful.With the amount of players that are leaving or not been offered contracts it's worrying times for the Albion . Also the red card was a joke yellow at the most

It wasn't a clip at all, our player was well past him and your player made a crude attempt at kicking his legs away from, I thought it was a deserved red.

agreed haha unbelievable stuff from this stirling fan. a clip!

Pleased with that, all the hard work done in the first half.

If Clyde play with the same urgency and defend a bit better could take a decent lead up north :)

Sending off, correct for me, rapid descent of the old red mist.  

Archived