Clyde v Stirling

The team do not deserve it but I suppose we have to get behind them in this game and see if we can lift them enough to scrape into the play-offs. The recriminations or whatever can wait until after that.

There is no doubt that regardless of where we end up we are in for another major player overhaul this summer and who knows we might see some brightness at the end of the tunnel.

If we do reach the pay-offs how ironic it would be if we end up playing Queens Park-it is written in the stars.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team do not deserve it but I suppose we have to get behind them in this game and see if we can lift them enough to scrape into the play-offs. The recriminations or whatever can wait until after that.

There is no doubt that regardless of where we end up we are in for another major player overhaul this summer and who knows we might see some brightness at the end of the tunnel.

If we do reach the pay-offs how ironic it would be if we end up playing Queens Park-it is written in the stars.

I know it's a bit radical but how about the players give something back to the fans ?

they have had great backing this year and even when they have let us down over the past four weeks they have been dreadful time for them to give us a lift.

or maybe they are still tired ?

I'm guessing half the problem is that a lot of these players know fine well that they will be out on their arses after next week, or the playoffs, so their motivation won't be high.

I'm resigned to another season (at least) in the basement but will be delighted to be proved wrong.

I know people are disappointed at recent results and understandably so, but if the team finish in the top four, they undeniably deserve to. It'll have been enough points and will mean other teams have been in worse form over the season.

As for going into playoffs in poor form goes, although it seems logical to think it's a harbinger of doom and on-form teams will go up, I'm not sure if history shows that? It might but I'd imagine it's a fairly even trend.

Cheer the team on on Saturday as no doubt you will and the cards will fall as they may. There's no point in criticising the team this week when there's still a chance for them. If they fail feel free to beginning when it's impossible to go up.

As for going into playoffs in poor form goes, although it seems logical to think it's a harbinger of doom and on-form teams will go up, I'm not sure if history shows that? It might but I'd imagine it's a fairly even trend.

This is a valid point, I remember Stirling Albion a few seasons ago were absolutely rotten but sneaked into the playoffs late in the day and ended up going up. It's more about bottle than form in the playoffs but sadly we don't seem to have either!

Still we can hope. . .

Agree up to a point, but we're talking about a team who've collectively failed to look bothered or interested in large parts of the last five games. Never mind the carrot of the playoffs, and lets focus for a minute on why no one seems to be taking the bull by the horns after these repeatedly shite performances. I tell you one thing, their biggest fan in the dugout isn't helping by promising a 'reaction' every week, as each one passes, his career seems to be sliding further and further down the pan. To be perfectly honest, i'm taking those performances of late quite personally, as none of the attributes shown at times this year have been in evidence when we've needed them. We've done our bit as fans, and then some, it's either time for something back, or the lot of them can f**k off elsewhere. I voted Smith as player of the year, but watching him yesterday, was nasty stuff. Far from our worst performer, but even just playing his normal game he looked slow, uneasy on the ball and yet a deserved award in the evening....the talents of the likes of Linton, Higgins and fucking Gormley have been scantly witnessed, despite being far superior footballers to Junior. McGovern may have entered that category, but his best spell came at a time of enormous tragedy for him, to his eternal credit. Unfortunately his attitude wasn't seen as an inspiration to the rest, as the others have let us down terribly. If, however, Barry has his eye on yet another 16-18 players for next year, building for L1, and he can squeeze out enough from this lot to actually take us up, then maybe our expectations of the current side have been unreasonable, and him keeping us in the hunt this long has been the 'success'. f**k knows.

exactly the fans have backed them to the hilt and we have been let down badly (so far ) so let's see a bit of redemption in Saturday

must admit think Linton hasn't been a let down and has performed well always gives 100 percent

Will be quality if we win and Clyde miss out on the play offs, wasnt it a few weeks ago that Clyde thought they were gonna win the league :lol:

if I was a Stirling fan would feel exactly the same as a football fan you can't beat a bit of schadenfreude

Maybe harsh on Linton, fuckin top scorer wearing number 3, says it all i guess. Perhaps looking for a bit more from the players who can deliver, as a way of compensating for the garbage who can't perform the basics, again McGovern, Marko and at a push Gemmell can't really be faulted either on reflection, but its easy to see who his five or six are. The rest can get to f**k.

think we need to get some energy into the team paticularly midfield likes of Easton at Elgin

think it tells you a lit when gemmell was only player to come over to fans smith did five us some applause really poor from the rest

BF is right would maybe keep a handful of the starting eleven

stirling are dirty team i think the worst in leage hate stirling there fans are wanks think this will be a draw and our chansis of going up are gone

Aye think your "chansis" are gone to lawd

If Annan beat Queen's Park by two goals they guarantee a playoff place. I would rather keep Annan down to be honest by losing if necessary. Whilst Ice Station Zebra, as we call Broadwood, is no shitehole, Annan away is the trip of the season and would bring tears to many fans eyes if lost from the fixture list.

If Annan beat Queen's Park by two goals they guarantee a playoff place. I would rather keep Annan down to be honest by losing if necessary. Whilst Ice Station Zebra, as we call Broadwood, is no shitehole, Annan away is the trip of the season and would bring tears to many fans eyes if lost from the fixture list.

Please pass this message on to your squad/board/manager. I've a feeling we'll need all the help we can get on Saturday.

Anyway back to the football.

Honestly given our last few performances, it would've been one thing if the players were giving everything and not getting the results. The problem is that they have shown no desire after the Arbroath game, they chucked it and now don't seem to care. If I were Ferguson I would've been stripping the paint off the wall in the dressing room its simply been not good enough. However if we make the play offs and go up it would be the first time a poor side has sneaked up through the playoffs *cough* Stirling *cough*

They all need to improve for the coming game or games and in particular Gormley, Kirkpatrick and Millen will need to take a hard look at themselves before this one. They really were awful on Saturday

Just seething that you lot haven't challenge for the title or even a play off place

After our risible attempt at challenging for the title, I don't think we're in any position to have a laugh at the expense of anyone.

I think we should have just enough to get over the finishing line and scrape a play-off place. Failure to do so will probably be one of the biggest bottle jobs this league has seen.

This is a valid point, I remember Stirling Albion a few seasons ago were absolutely rotten but sneaked into the playoffs late in the day and ended up going up. It's more about bottle than form in the playoffs but sadly we don't seem to have either!

Still we can hope. . .

Our form at the end of that season was 5 wins and 2 draws in the last 7 - Hit form at the right time and carried it into the playoffs.

Archived