Billy McDonald Resigns

THECABBAGE

Don't know who they will go for? I'm sure I find out today once I get on the blower. I would expect Rab to step in for next couple of weeks as he's always around and been in the dug-out the last few games.

Rab Irvine has agreed to take the team until end of season. Billy resigned in the dressing room after yesterday's game.

Yes you might be right. Billy made a load of mistakes as well. When he came 13 points when he leaves 20 points. Whitefield and Meikle already been out for a couple of weeks and both will probably no be back this season. Hall & peter the centre half also missed the weekends game. Don't know if they are long term or not. Hong Kong Phooey if Rab has got the job to the end of season hope the players help him get the results. Mon the Gow...

Current Lanark United John Brogan for me as cannot see him staying at Lanark next season

Would be a great appointment as he knows the junior game inside out

Or, maybe, Lanark won't want him to stay with them as he has played his part in us being where we are. Knowing the game is one thing, getting the team to play is another.

The Gow have been a joke since start of season ,both Rab and Billy have tried there best this year but ultimately like most teams in bad situations it comes down to the players who haven't performed at all this year. I think the club need a huge clear out. Billy had a hard time since he arrived with injurys ,players leaving etc but the main problem was the players not showing heart and I witnessed it again on Saturday at St. Ants where they looked to throw the towel in, I hope Billy recovers from his this and keeps managing as hes a great coach (so I've heard).this year in general has been a let down really considering the squad are as talented as the rest of the promotion chasers ,however there clearly missing something. Hope they get the result they need tonight ,mon the Gow

The Gow have been a joke since start of season ,both Rab and Billy have tried there best this year but ultimately like most teams in bad situations it comes down to the players who haven't performed at all this year. I think the club need a huge clear out. Billy had a hard time since he arrived with injurys ,players leaving etc but the main problem was the players not showing heart and I witnessed it again on Saturday at St. Ants where they looked to throw the towel in, I hope Billy recovers from his this and keeps managing as hes a great coach (so I've heard).this year in general has been a let down really considering the squad are as talented as the rest of the promotion chasers ,however there clearly missing something. Hope they get the result they need tonight ,mon the Gow

No I would not say the Gow were a joke from start of the season? Rab made mistakes and so did Billy. As I stated before when Billy came in the Gow had 13 points. Yes they lost players when Billy got the job because some players wanted Rabs assistant to get the job. That’s been discussed to death on a different thread on here. I would also agree the Gow have been unlucky with injuries especially just now, that’s part and parcel of football. Where I feel Billy made a massive mistake in taking the job was he didn't know the junior football scene well enough. He has been unable to bring players in with junior experience. He’s tried to play players that are too young and not ready. The other players he’s brought in throughout his time have struggled big time apart from one centre half. What I have heard they do say he’s a good coach although it’s a results business and everyone will have their own opinion. Yes the players do need to look at themselves as well, although it’s slightly unfair on them if the manager has not been able to replace players that’s left the club or even close. I do wish Billy all the best and I’m sure he will do well. Mon the Gow!!!!!

Archived