Well done ed city

Mary Hinge

Would just like to say what a refreshing read parts of the Ed City programme were yesterday. Don't usually bother buying one but I thought I might as well as it might turn out to be the "Penultimate-game-in-the-league commemorative edition". The City Comment pages are well written and prepared to go out on a limb with a bit of humour thrown in. Well done whoever put it together.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would just like to say what a refreshing read parts of the Ed City programme were yesterday. Don't usually bother buying one but I thought I might as well as it might turn out to be the "Penultimate-game-in-the-league commemorative edition". The City Comment pages are well written and prepared to go out on a limb with a bit of humour thrown in. Well done whoever put it together.

The City programme is a good effort I believe its Scrooge 1928 on here who is the editor. Some of his editorial is funny as f**k and near the bone but being like that is better than some bland going through the motions articles you get in some issues.

The City programme is a good effort I believe its Scrooge 1928 on here who is the editor. Some of his editorial is funny as f**k and near the bone but being like that is better than some bland going through the motions articles you get in some issues.

Or worse, a couple of quid for some stats and a load of sponsors........

Or worse, a couple of quid for some stats and a load of sponsors........

What I will say is don't knock it until you've tried it! Even a few pages takes hours.

The City programme is a brilliant read.

What I will say is don't knock it until you've tried it! Even a few pages takes hours.

I know how difficult it can be- was merely commenting on the price of some of those with very little content

He had a brilliant story in the Cove programme about complaints regarding left over champagne corks and the wee metal bits been strewn over Meadowbank a few weeks previously. Had one of the spoof complainers saying she was going to move to her sisters at Ainslie Park as such things haven't happened there for years!

If I get time I will scan it and upload it here.

Do they keep the same refs for both legs of these things tam?

no, it's a different set of wallopers officials for Saturday. Don't know how good the main officials are but the 4th official is Craig Charleston who used to do East of Scotland League games a few years ago and was fairly decent what I remember of him.  

Archived