Well done ed city

Mary Hinge

Saw Tam, he was pitchside. He must have blagged his way in using the old technique of a fluorescent tabard & a box brownie round his neck.

Good luck to the Citeh next season & don't come nicking our best players.

Grimbo

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to City. Like so many others I had written them off beforehand, the odds were stacked against them. Thoroughly deserved in the end, there was only one team in that second half

Congratulation to Edinburgh city.. I fear for any lowland league club going into the senior national league. I attend a local lowland league matches when I can fit it around work and my own team. I don't mind paying the £5 and £2 concessions, it costs to get in. But now in the so called big leagues it will be £12 and probably about £6. It will be interesting to see at those prices if they can keep a support and be capable of attracting more.

City won't have to double/treble prices.

Annan went from £6 to £8 (IIRC) and I doubt SPFL2 minimum is much, if anything, above £8 even now.

If their opponents agreed I'd also like to see them try some Friday night games, btw.

Saw Tam, he was pitchside. He must have blagged his way in using the old technique of a fluorescent tabard & a box brownie round his neck. Good luck to the Citeh next season & don't come nicking our best players. Grimbo

why would we want to pinch players from a trophyless team?  ;)

might take Robbie back though just for old times sake, we'll need an extra programme seller :lol:  :P  

Annan went from £6 to £8 (IIRC) and I doubt SPFL2 minimum is much, if anything, above £8 even now.

If their opponents agreed I'd also like to see them try some Friday night games, btw.

Are City just going to be an even more skint version of Shire now? How will the afford players charging £8 a ticket and with sub 200 crowds?

Be really interesting to see what happens now in regards to signings and that heard a few rumours already the big bonus they have is being in such a big city. Might not get the best of the part time players but they'll be able to give players a chance in the seniors and I'm sure that'll attract them there instead of the likes of Musselburgh juniors or LL clubs.

Good to hear he's still doing okay. Shared many a pint with him in our Meadowbank days.

Actually rereading that it gives the wrong impression. We didn't share any pints, we each had our own. Ach, you know what I meant...

Annan went from £6 to £8 (IIRC) and I doubt SPFL2 minimum is much, if anything, above £8 even now.

If their opponents agreed I'd also like to see them try some Friday night games, btw.

They will have a lot more costs ie having stewards at every home game, longer bus trips and probably higher wages I would expect them to charge more than £8.

The Friday night thing could be a good option for them.

Are City just going to be an even more skint version of Shire now? How will the afford players charging £8 a ticket and with sub 200 crowds?

Be really interesting to see what happens now in regards to signings and that heard a few rumours already the big bonus they have is being in such a big city. Might not get the best of the part time players but they'll be able to give players a chance in the seniors and I'm sure that'll attract them there instead of the likes of Musselburgh juniors or LL clubs.

They will have a lot more costs ie having stewards at every home game, longer bus trips and probably higher wages I would expect them to charge more than £8.

The Friday night thing could be a good option for them.

Tbf, I never specifically suggested they'd charge £8 - I was simply observing they wouldn't (AFAIA) be obliged to put it up as high as £10-£15. That said it's not just about increased costs - crowds will surely grow and they'll get £35k-40k prizemoney, Scottish Cup R2 entry, 4 games in League Cup sections, plus Petrofac Cup.

Their season tickets were just £50 / £20 this season, covering 14 league games and all cups except Scottish Cup, so decisions to make there too.

They did play some Fridays in the EOS League some years ago and got decent crowds, but it wasn't continued.

I presume they'll also ask to be put opposite Hibs in the fixture list, and hope to catch some local support when they're away.

Tbf, I never specifically suggested they'd charge £8 - I was simply observing they wouldn't (AFAIA) be obliged to put it up as high as £10-£15. That said it's not just about increased costs - crowds will surely grow and they'll get £35k-40k prizemoney, Scottish Cup R2 entry, 4 games in League Cup sections, plus Petrofac Cup.

Their season tickets were just £50 / £20 this season, covering 14 league games and all cups except Scottish Cup, so decisions to make there too.

They did play some Fridays in the EOS League some years ago and got decent crowds, but it wasn't continued.

I presume they'll also ask to be put opposite Hibs in the fixture list, and hope to catch some local support when they're away.

Friday night fitba would defo have its benefits but....

You also have to bear in mind Hibs hardly played a Saturday 3 o c fixture this year ?

It will be a hard one to get the balance right HJ they won't want to put it up too much I suppose, but at the same time they will have to cover their costs. 

Friday nights might be pretty shite for away fans tbh. Can't see them doing that. They have to attract their own fan base and get into the schools etc. Not just try hope Hibs and Hearts fans will turn up.

Friday nights might be pretty shite for away fans tbh. Can't see them doing that. They have to attract their own fan base and get into the schools etc. Not just try hope Hibs and Hearts fans will turn up.

Friday night football is superb if done properly. Obviously City vs Elgin isn't going to work but you could have City vs Cowden for example. I definitely also think that Hibees/Jambos might be interested in going if it's cheap. You'll probably get the odd few fans who just love watching a game of fitba.

Agree that they need to get into the schools and give away free tickets to kids.

Friday night football is superb if done properly. Obviously City vs Elgin isn't going to work but you could have City vs Cowden for example. I definitely also think that Hibees/Jambos might be interested in going if it's cheap. You'll probably get the odd few fans who just love watching a game of fitba.

Agree that they need to get into the schools and give away free tickets to kids.

aye, you're probably right but the miserable curmudgeon in me thinks we should give a free kick up the arse to some of the kids we've attracted!  :lol:

Archived