Well done ed city

Mary Hinge

Wonder if Shire are regretting appealing Donaldson's red card. Congratulations to every one at City.

Seems a waste of £500 on the other hand the best £500 City will have spent getting Joe's red resindicated.

Who are the EC fans on here? Are there any?

Probably getting pissed!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done City. Good to see a bit of ambition rewarded and the dead wood finding it's level. 

Will be interesting to see how the Shire do next season in the LL. If they have debts at the bank and are on the hook for contracts and business agreements running past this summer the 40K parachute payment probably won't go far in terms of a rebuild, if even just paying for the rental at Ochilview is a major issue for them. They probably need to find a new manager now and put a new squad together at a level they haven't played at before that is an unknown quantity to people in and around Falkirk, and all that has to happen between now and July. Don't think it's completely inconceivable that they could get relegated again in the next couple of seasons to the EoS level rather than promoted.

Will be interesting to see how the Shire do next season in the LL. If they have debts at the bank and are on the hook for contracts and business agreements running past this summer the 40K parachute payment probably won't go far in terms of a rebuild, if even just paying for the rental at Ochilview is a major issue for them. They probably need to find a new manager now and put a new squad together at a level they haven't played at before that is an unknown quantity to people in and around Falkirk, and all that has to happen between now and July. Don't think it's completely inconceivable that they could get relegated again in the next couple of seasons to the EoS level rather than promoted.

Gonna be tough for them LTL,especially with the likes of Spartans,East Kilbride and Cumbernauld in the league with them.

Cost of an appeal is dependent on the league you play, think premiership is £1000 so £250 for LL/L2 is probably about right.

Both clubs are entering an interesting period but shire are certainly the ones who'll need to adapt quickest, I wish them good luck but imo the parachute payments give them enough support to do so.

Congratulation to Edinburgh city.. I fear for any lowland league club going into the senior league. I attend a local lowland league matches when I can fit it around work and my own team. I don't mind paying the £5 and £2 concessions, it costs to get in. But now in the so called big leagues it will be £12 and probably about £6. It will be interesting to see at those prices if they can keep a support and be capable of attracting more.

As an outsider (but a keen follower and attendee at Scottish football) I think it was important that the newly formed pyramid produced some churn at the lower end of the league. What is a pyramid without actual promotions and relegations?

I hope East Stirling can regroup, survive and maybe at some point return to the league fold. The experience in England is that relegation from the league does not have to be terminal and many clubs have gone down and come back again in the 30 years we have had automatic relegation. Lets hope East Stirling can do the same.

Archived