Well done ed city

Mary Hinge

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep wondering how City could up attendances. The exposure and raised profile of a promotion to the SPFL (here's hoping!!) would hopefully bring in some new supporters. I love City since discovering them last year and am doing my bit to spread the word!!

Big city with plenty potential anyway. Be interesting to see what happens, fingers crossed they come up.

Last time they were up they were the fifth team in Edinburgh against three long established clubs dating to the game's very origins (never mind the league), plus one pitched firmly at the non-Catholic Leith residents. On top of that they were strictly amateurs. They were very much doomed from the off.

This time the Lilywhites are perhaps returning to a different sort of Edinburgh, with only two teams left in the national league & both having blotted their copybooks with some football fans for various reasons. There's certainly room for a "neutral" side these days which perhaps was never the case in Ferranti/Meadowbank's time.

Interesting times ahead, perhaps.

Atleast Spartans would have a chance of winning the league if the big team played there trade in league 2 eh Grim :P;)

Sussed me out Davey G. My hope is that next time we have a derby both clubs will be up there.

Grimbo

I swear they count the shoppers in Morrisons as well

& the swimming baths, well both are called Ainslie Patk, we just "pool" the attendances. (Did you see what I did there?).

Grimbo

Have EC completed there LL fixtures, iwas looking at BBC website which suggested they had 2 games left to play. Seems strange if that the case.

Great result in play off, I would like to see ec in league2, bring a bit of local interest, also might make some of of the juniors jump.

both games were scheduled to be played but the weather took it's toll*

when people talk about exposure for City it always makes me think I should buy a new raincoat...

post-12982-0-69222600-1461707776.jpg

*conspiracy theorists might like to add in the word "allegedly" here but I won't.... 

both games were scheduled to be played but the weather took it's toll*

when people talk about exposure for City it always makes me think I should buy a new raincoat...

attachicon.gifflasher.jpg

*conspiracy theorists might like to add in the word "allegedly" here but I won't.... 

Dear Tam

When you guys move up can I please request that you hand over all the "dug pishing in Tranent and Pans Doos gags" to Grim.

Its only fair.

Have EC completed there LL fixtures, iwas looking at BBC website which suggested they had 2 games left to play. Seems strange if that the case.

Their match at Vale of Leithen was off in November. Vale haven't got floodlights but it was tried each midweek after the clocks changed - but was waterlogged each time. In an illustration of Murphy's Law it was City's only midweek since September 9th. Their match on the last day was also waterlogged at Whitehill.

City are home to Shire next weekend 7th May and away 15th May.

Oh we are down at Gretna next week but the following week should be ok?

How much is it on the Cit-eh supporters bus? I've already made my "feed the Moose & he will score" banner.

Grimbo

East Stirling don't deserve league status anymore, they just trundle along every year, happy to finish bottom, Edinburgh City will have a massive support from many other clubs fans, hopefully the smaller more ambitious club will win in the end.

You might get the impression that the Shire finish bottom every year but the facts don't back that up. (Conveniently) ignoring this season Shire have finished bottom only twice in the previous 8 years. And were also in the playoffs 2 seasons running. 

Archived