Beith or Pollok ?

juniorjunior

Not got any issues with either team but when speaking to the Beith supporters the other night v Talbot I got a sense of great excitement and nerves coming from them. The village is on the process of decking the place out in their colours. Passed through the Pollok area they other day where they play, never saw as much as a banner about the game.

So based on which support is more hungrier you have to wish both all the best but It's Beith for me.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not got any issues with either team but when speaking to the Beith supporters the other night v Talbot I got a sense of great excitement and nerves coming from them. The village is on the process of decking the place out in their colours. Passed through the Pollok area they other day where they play, never saw as much as a banner about the game.

So based on which support is more hungrier you have to wish both all the best but It's Beith for me.

I don't know (to speak to) any fans of the Lok who live in the immediate area. The guys I stand with come from Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, myself from Argyll, as well as others from across the north and south of the city. If you asked 100 people in Shawlands main street (nearest main shopping area) where Pollok played, you'd get blank looks from most IMO.

I'm a 2nd generation 'Newlandser' (!)  though as my mother was born half a mile away!

I don't know (to speak to) any fans of the Lok who live in the immediate area. The guys I stand with come from Ayrshire, Lanarkshire, myself from Argyll, as well as others from across the north and south of the city. If you asked 100 people in Shawlands main street (nearest main shopping area) where Pollok played, you'd get blank looks from most IMO.

I'm a 2nd generation 'Newlandser' (!) though as my mother was born half a mile away!

People come from all over the Southside to watch Pollok. I stand with people from Clarkston, the Mearns, Thornliebank, Southie, Darnley and Eastwood for example (I'm the token Newlandser).

We have a small area of a city so it would be difficult to promote the final as easy as the villagers can do. I can assure you there will be dancing in the streets of Shawlands if we win.

Beith is a town not a village

can remember reading a poem about Beith 40 odd year a go cannot remember much about it apart from the line that went something like,"Above the Post  Office we have the Queens Crown so that makes us a town"  Will need to go to my dads house and see if I can find it

Archived