Beith or Pollok ?

juniorjunior

£10 won't put fans of the finalist off, but could affect neutrals given its on the box. Still most, like me, probably wouldn't realise until they got there.

BTW it's been £6 in the super prem since the start of this season

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the spectacle is helped by playing on such a large pitch. Lok play on 102x64 half the season - Bellsdale's similar while Rugby Park is 110x75yds. Over 90 mins in sweltering heat, that will have an impact.

I don't think the spectacle is helped by playing on such a large pitch. Lok play on 102x64 half the season - Bellsdale's similar while Rugby Park is 110x75yds. Over 90 mins in sweltering heat, that will have an impact.

Heard it all now.The park was too big !!Ffs

It's the same every year and its why the games are usually crap. I have never seen players cramp in normal Junior games. Junior pitches are much smaller than most Senior ones.

It's the same every year and its why the games are usually crap. I have never seen players cramp in normal Junior games. Junior pitches are much smaller than most Senior ones.

One of the Beith players even mentioned the size of the park at the end. The 4g park is horrendous at best but to get two teams to play on it after playing a full season on grass is laughable. I know Kilmarnock have always been good to the juniors but the plastic grass is a no go for a cup final. There are plenty of great venues out there who would have hosted it better.

Plenty of miskicks in the air as well. Perhaps the players just aren't very good.

Think playing on a grass surface all year to then adapt to a completely different surface would be more the reason.

Getting tennis players to play on clay at Wimbledon until the final then change it to grass. Ludicrous lol

I would say having your team playing in all black in sweltering heat would have had as much of any perceived impact as pitch size. :whistle

One of the Beith players even mentioned the size of the park at the end. The 4g park is horrendous at best but to get two teams to play on it after playing a full season on grass is laughable. I know Kilmarnock have always been good to the juniors but the plastic grass is a no go for a cup final. There are plenty of great venues out there who would have hosted it better.

Completely agree about the use of 4G for a final - especially Rugby Park where there's noticeable streaks from poor maintenance to wear and tear after only two years of use.

Completely agree about the use of 4G for a final - especially Rugby Park where there's noticeable streaks from poor maintenance to wear and tear after only two years of use.

Firstly, well done to Beith for winning the cup.  Always good to see Pollok losing.  :lol:  :lol:

Some crap talked on here about the pitch.  There is nothing wrong with the pitch and as we have found out to our cost in the last 2 years, as it suits the better football teams. 

I think Killie should just tell the Juniors to go and find an alternative ground for future finals if I am being honest.  They have always supported the junior teams in Ayrshire well but if you would rather play at a shithole like Somerset then you are welcome to it.

If Arthurlie are not winning the cup then it is good the cup remains in Ayrshire for another year.

One player during an interview yesterday offered that playing on an artificial surface can make it hotter for players during a game when the sun is out due to the rubber/plastic black base. Also holds heat around for a lot longer

I'll agree to that. It saps and drains more energy from you. Probably why Killie have struggled lol

Some crap talked on here about the pitch.  There is nothing wrong with the pitch and as we have found out to our cost in the last 2 years, as it suits the better football teams. 

I think Killie should just tell the Juniors to go and find an alternative ground for future finals if I am being honest.  They have always supported the junior teams in Ayrshire well but if you would rather play at a shithole like Somerset then you are welcome to it.

luv4yorkies_baby.gif

Archived