Beith or Pollok ?

juniorjunior

Cmon the mighty wonder if there was a lot of neutrals in beith end would they open another stand if it got filled I seen that at a semi final at love Street to many fans and had to move them into the sides as it was the stands behind the goals they used

The game in question was arthurlie v Kilwinning Rangers 1999 and Kilwinning won 1-0 if I remember correctly.

Kilwinning Rangers took the entire Caledonia end behind the goals that night and the spillage including myself were put into the wee caged off bit to the left in the north bank stand.

The year before this Arthurlie beat the buffs in penalties in the year they went onto winning the scottish cup.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beith for me. If their front men click the Lok defence will struggle against their pace. To be fair to Pollok they have come through some hard ties to reach the final and have had a decent season all round.

Really looking forward to this game and I think it's going to be a belter. Good luck to both teams . Hope both sets of fans have a great day.

A thought the town of beith would have been decorated more than it is with the way folk have spoke on here

Bitterness. The town itself and houses throughout the town are decorated black and white, amazing effort from everyone involved! The publicity/excitement is there for everybody to see. COTM!!

It was indeed the Kilwinning arthurlie game so if a lot of the East Ayrshire neutrals decide to go in East stand it cud be pretty full I expect a crowd between 6 and 8000 depending on weather if it's a nice day you might attract more neutrals

Call it what you want but a thought there would have been more effort throughout the main streets from everyone

I'll call it bitterness and pathetic and leave it there. Making a complete c*** of yourself with complete meaningless/petty input to this thread. COTM!!

It was indeed the Kilwinning arthurlie game so if a lot of the East Ayrshire neutrals decide to go in East stand it cud be pretty full I expect a crowd between 6 and 8000 depending on weather if it's a nice day you might attract more neutrals

Ive been to lots of junior cup finals at rugby park with the Talbot and Cumnock against teams from other regions and I've always went in the east stand to back up the ayrshire team and ive always felt that ayrshire pulls together lots when an ayrshire team is involved .

Don't know if it's a community thing but we do tend to get behind one another when it comes to junior cup finals and it would be great to see as many neutrals in our end as possible come Sunday :)

A made a fair comment and now am bitter and jealous, I thought the town would have been awash with decorations tho last night when drove through it wasn't,where's the jealousy or bitterness there????

Well I'd question your ability to drive if you can't see the huge flags and banners everywhere? You're just out commenting negative posts about Beith in general, even going to the extent of supporting the team that controversially papped your team out the cup. COTM!!

Seen the banner at sary and bunton outside irvines and a tiny tots banner outside the road at the co-op.

And also being a kilbirnie fan I would not and repeat not want beith to win a game of tiddlywinks never mind the scottish

A made a fair comment and now am bitter and jealous, I thought the town would have been awash with decorations tho last night when drove through it wasn't,where's the jealousy or bitterness there????

Every street in Beith has flags,banners, balloons, (plenty of them 😜) eglinton street and the main st are awash with the black and white of the mighty. Just outside the ground someone has painted their fence black and white another has painted their pavement on their driveway.

Can't believe I am saying this but I hope Beith win it.

I know we have a great and sometimes bitter rivalry but its time they won the big one.

Lets hope Ladeside are applauding the cup winners onto the park next Wednesday evening....

Mystic Blastie you couldnae hae a look in your crystal ball and tell us whose gaun tae win on Sunday - wait a minute I can see black and white streamers on the cup - is that a sign ?

Archived