Beith or Pollok ?

juniorjunior

The red's been on the go for a few years now, might trigger a wee update - no idea when it was last dug out, only really needed for Beith/Cumnock on a semi-regular basis. It's not a big problem but shows the flaw in having two main kits that are the same colour! We've done it for a few years now, all white previously as the alternative to this year's all black.

Your all black away strip is one of the smartest in the juniors although understandably that can't be worn in the final as it would clash .

We always were all red in terms of an away strip until the 80s when we switched to blue and yellow ï¸however over the last several years we reverted back to all red until this season when we've went for predominantly white with red flashings as an away strip .

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your all black away strip is one of the smartest in the juniors although understandably that can't be worn in the final as it would clash .

We always were all red in terms of an away strip until the 80s when we switched to blue and yellow ï¸however over the last several years we reverted back to all red until this season when we've went for predominantly white with red flashings as an away strip .

What is it with B&W teams not wanting to ditch a colour?!

Pollok will be favorites in all likelihood. Beith will need to play really well and see where it takes them. Not sure they have to fulfill all their fixtures before the final - they will get a free week which suggests to me that Beith will have some games in June.

Beith won the toss for the home dressing room, the strips were decided through Pollok requesting to wear all black that they have worn in every round to date? Beith will wear white shorts and socks with normal top with a white back, thats from John Boal tonight.

Beith juniors after winning the coin toss are the " home " team in the scottish cup final and will don the black and white stripes on the day along with having the home dressing room.

Not quite sure that's how it happened ;) Check your facts out but I'm sure both clubs can be happy with the outcome.

Then again you'll still be raging at me :)

Beith won the toss for the home dressing room, the strips were decided through Pollok requesting to wear all black that they have worn in every round to date? Beith will wear white shorts and socks with normal top with a white back, thats from John Boal tonight.

all's well that ends well!

Can't wait for the final, colour of strips will have no bearing on the outcome so not fussed. Just hope pollok fade in the final like there league title bid.

Potentially Beith could turn a great season into the best in clubs history. Fighting in 4 comps this part of the season is a credit to all involved at the club.#believe

Can't wait for the final, colour of strips will have no bearing on the outcome so not fussed. Just hope pollok fade in the final like there league title bid. Potentially Beith could turn a great season into the best in clubs history. Fighting in 4 comps this part of the season is a credit to all involved at the club.#believe

Title bid? This year was about re-securing our place comfortably in the top flight. We have gone well above that.

Do you seriously believe this season was about staying up with the squad at polloks disposal #delusional

Totally agree and pollok are never a " staying up " club.

As big as they come in the juniors are pollok with great crowds at home and the expectations up that way is to win leagues and top prizes every season.

Pollok never have and never will be a club that are out to survive for me . They had a good few sticky years with Mr Irvine in charge although even then expectations remained high amongst the support and the club adressed the poor appointment.

As big as they come in the juniors are pollok with great crowds at home and the expectations up that way is to win leagues and top prizes every season.

Pollok never have and never will be a club that are out to survive for me . They had a good few sticky years with Mr Irvine in charge although even then expectations remained high amongst the support and the club adressed the poor appointment.

you are right...we arent a staying up club. we should be fighting for the league title every year. Given the past few seasons where we have finished 8th (2 points from relegation) 10th (play-off survival) and 11th (relegated); the pollok supporters didnt expect to win the league this season. Staying comfortably in the league and competing was our main aim. we have worked hard to bring the club back into a position where it can at least put up a credible challenge again. 

Whatever happens at the tail end of this season in the league, there will be no complaints from anyone at pollok. we are in the scottish cup final (1st time for 18 years) it has been a very good season all round.

Do you seriously believe this season was about staying up with the squad at polloks disposal #delusional

Look at the squad we had when we went down: Murdoch (Scottish Cup Winner), McLennan (Multiple Super leagues), McVey (Won everything), McGowan (Multiple Super leagues), Reilly (East super league), Sinclair (Amateur Scottish), Howie (Won a few minor cups, regarded as a top player), Bradley (Same as Howie), McAleenan (Same as Howie), Barr (Multiple super leagues), Diack (Top goalscorer in west the year before, won a lot before and after). That's just the starting XI. A good team on paper guarantees f**k all, this year was about staying up, 100%. If we can finish top 4 and next season we can hopefully add one or two and with a bit of luck challenge.

Our poor appointments went beyond appointing Irvine.

We haven't performed in the super premier league for at least 6 years, anyone who can't see consolidation was our only aim is at the wind up.

In fact I am sure if you dig through a few threads on here from the close season quite a few predicted our return to the first.

Pish ....dredge through your own posts only 6 weeks back and you lot were drooling about a title bid.Now your out it...the party line is ...it was all about safety.

You obviously have hunted back through these posts, so tell me where it was I said that, and when I have a spare few hours I am happy to show the multiple times I stated survival is our priority.

No doubt you have screen shot all my posts for the last year as the name Pollok appears and you ejaculate.

Archived