Beith or Pollok ?

juniorjunior

Carlo and Robbie were both subbed before the end of the match for Kieran McAleenan and Del Hepburn. Both of them took and scored their pens.

That probably makes the shoot out victory achievement even better when you consider two of your main strikers weren't avalable to hit penalties.

I would have thought that carlo and Robbie would have been grabbing a penalty early doors in the shoot out if they were still on the field . Realise that the young winters is your regular penalty though and once again he's kept his bottle for you in a pressure situation.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beith will win the cup ! Pollok cant score in open play in Scottish cup matches . they were outplayed by Ladeside and Hurlford there ace in the hole is Longmuir the keeper . if he has a bad day or injured there on thin ice ! If Beith score early i predict a rout 3-0

Beith will win the cup ! Pollok cant score in open play in Scottish cup matches . they were outplayed by Ladeside and Hurlford there ace in the hole is Longmuir the keeper . if he has a bad day or injured there on thin ice ! If Beith score early i predict a rout 3-0

I can taste the bitterness.

Having only seen Pollok once this season and Beith three times it's hard for me to form any conclusion as to who is the favourite.

What I can say is that all four centre halves are great at clearing any crosses and long balls that arrive. I was impressed by the link-up between Beith's forwards and they need to keep it on the ground and play around Pollok rather than over them. I felt Hurlford would have made a bit of progress yesterday had they taken the ball to the byline and cut it back, rather than going direct, but maybe it was only the extra man that allowed them to get that far in the first place.

Both teams look very good positionally. Hopefully it'll be an open match with a few goals. I'd like to see Beith win it, not only for Ayrshire but for John Boal who has been a gentleman every time my dad and I have met him.

That probably makes the shoot out victory achievement even better when you consider two of your main strikers weren't avalable to hit penalties.

I would have thought that carlo and Robbie would have been grabbing a penalty early doors in the shoot out if they were still on the field . Realise that the young winters is your regular penalty though and once again he's kept his bottle for you in a pressure situation.

To be honest we haven't been that great with Penalties over the last two seasons. Had various takers and all have missed at times.

Of the first 5 Wints Kieran and Tam have all been on penalties at some point in last few years.

The coolest two IMO were Heppy and Sidey, the two real pressure kicks and they were excellent.

17 out of 20 goals from open play in the cup, outplayed but not out scored

Says a supporter of a team that went 5 games without scoring, and who have scored the least amount of goals in the league 😂😂😂

Good old Mr denial keep the laughs coming

Love both grounds but genuinely would love to see Beith do the business and keep the cup in Ayrshire. Great club, well run, and best pies in the game - what else is there to cheer for?

You've got a lot of anger bottled up mate. Better get on top of your sister to release it.

You've got a lot of anger bottled up mate. Better get on top of your sister to release it.

Says a supporter of a team that went 5 games without scoring, and who have scored the least amount of goals in the league

Good old Mr denial keep the laughs coming

no Anger from me i just think Beith will win there first goal will kick in the door  and then the whole rotten structure will cave in ! then Pollok will try to score and big gaps will open up and Beith will get more goals .. I think Pollok will set there stall out for penalty's as yesterday with time wasting etc,  . Beith winning would be a victory for football not just junior football !  just asking will your mummy's let you two go to Kilmarnock ?

Archived