Beith or Pollok ?

juniorjunior

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not fussed who wins the cup as long as its the team who deserves it.the romantic in me says I would like to see a new name on the new cup. Bot that is just a wee notion.hope to see a great game of football.

Always remember McCoist saying that about Pollok to Arthur Montford for the 86 Pollok v Talbot final.

Came back to haunt him lol

Let's make one thing clear here, at no point did I say that was the outcome I wish to see so if I'm wrong it ain't gonna haunt me one bit :lol:

Aye you's wearn't favs against Kilwinning eh

Well if you read all my posts prior to the game you would quite clearly have noticed I said we were underdogs all along.

Why? Because they had pumped us three times at Bellsdale in cup competitions prior to the semi and they totally caned good teams like Camelon and linlithgow in their Scottish cup run before playing us.

Got the feeling you will wish to argue all day with this one as you tend to do but in my opinion I felt that we were the underdogs and in fairness both games were very tight and either team could have went through.

Keep the pollok predictions coming guys.

Remember people saying the same about the all conquering Kilwinning going to pump us. :)

2nd favourites in both semis reached the final then!

Hopefully our league game is played early May so that there is a reasonable gap before the final. Saturday 7th May would be perfect.

2nd favourites in both semis reached the final then!

Hopefully our league game is played early May so that there is a reasonable gap before the final. Saturday 7th May would be perfect.

The bookies did have Beith as favourites in the semi finals probably due to us playing in a higher league although as said I never saw us that way and I think the buffs were unbeaten in up to 6 months prior to the first semi and were scoring for fun and indeed they still are.

Our league game will be very strange in terms of it being played before the final although I don't think either manager will learn too much about their opponents as they probably know just about it all by now regarding the danger men etc.

Did carlo monti not take a penalty yesterday? Don't think I saw him in the highlights of the pens. Was he subbed before the shootout ?

The bookies did have Beith as favourites in the semi finals probably due to us playing in a higher league although as said I never saw us that way and I think the buffs were unbeaten in up to 6 months prior to the first semi and were scoring for fun and indeed they still are.

Our league game will be very strange in terms of it being played before the final although I don't think either manager will learn too much about their opponents as they probably know just about it all by now regarding the danger men etc.

Did carlo monti not take a penalty yesterday? Don't think I saw him in the highlights of the pens. Was he subbed before the shootout ?

Carlo and Robbie were both subbed before the end of the match for Kieran McAleenan and Del Hepburn. Both of them took and scored their pens.

Archived