FAFC relegation thread

Guest bernardblack

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Foxy talking in The Courier tomorrow

“I’m absolutely gutted. Nobody wants to have a relegation on their CV. I’ve been at the club for nine years and it is a big part of my life.

“The people behind the scenes will be absolutely devastated as they are all Forfar people.

“I can only apologise on behalf of the playing staff as it hasn’t been good enough.

"This is probably the best-run part-time team in Scotland and it shouldn’t be playing in League Two.â€

Also indicates he is keen to stay and play a part in the bid to regain League One status but admits 'it's up to the manager'

Foxy talking in The Courier tomorrow

“I’m absolutely gutted. Nobody wants to have a relegation on their CV. I’ve been at the club for nine years and it is a big part of my life.

“The people behind the scenes will be absolutely devastated as they are all Forfar people.

“I can only apologise on behalf of the playing staff as it hasn’t been good enough.

"This is probably the best-run part-time team in Scotland and it shouldn’t be playing in League Two.â€

Also indicates he is keen to stay and play a part in the bid to regain League One status but admits 'it's up to the manager'

Foxy would be a class act in league 2 . Even in league 1 he could still command the midfield

I hope Foxy stays, I'm a big fan of him as a player and he's always a very nice guy when you meet him outwith football. He joined us when we were in the bottom division whe Moffat signed him and was amazing in league 3 them. He may be in the latter stages of his football career but he still oozes class.

Haha aye, I'm not saying you're wrong or whatever but he had 4 wins 5 defeats and 8 draws in the league when he was sacked, was just confused as to how he could've gone 17 without winning. If you include the cups there was another 3 wins in them before drawing Dunfermline and Hearts.

After our win at Brechin until losing to Cowdenbeath in December, we drew 4 and lost 7 league games, no wins....awful form which rightly Dick paid for.

The rest of the season has been, from afar, brief feelings of hope to some awful results and performances.

Not sure what to expect from Bollan next season but promotion is the minimum.

Having stood on the terraced area of the stand at Coatbridge yesterday and saw three sides of the stadium derelict and a tumble down stand and watched a team at Junior level turn us over you wonder how could this happen? We have an excellent Stadium with great facilities a good budget and yet we are relegated.

We now have to look at each player and ask ,do you want to play for Forfar, and if the answer is no, including Captain Fantastic , show them the door. It is better watching 11 guys who at least look like they care rather than what we have seen this season.

Who does campbell have lined up to take gayfield? bollan will get his own players in next year and I would think challenging for promotion

Jim lister and David cox names were being rumoured a week or so ago but who knows , only the manager I suppose

I remember at the start of the season when a group of Forfar fans were singing that they were going to win the League. Didn't realise they meant League 2.

Was that the Fultras? :lol:

Jim lister and David cox names were being rumoured a week or so ago but who knows , only the manager I suppose

I would have thought that both were more than capable of competing at the top end of League 1 so would be surprised I they dropped down a league. However I guess they'd be working under a manager where they'd be guaranteed to start every week.

Will be interesting to see where they end up.

Archived