Where should the final be in the future?

jimbaxters

Scottish Cup Final Venue  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think its got to be a senior stadium to give it a sense of occasion, I know the attendances have dropped recently and this may be playing in front of a fair amount of empty seats.

As the final is televised, senior grounds have the capability to put out a professional coverage of the final instead of erecting scaffolding at two or three locations inside some of the junior grounds that may be considered suitable to stage the final. May I also point out that the logistics of running the final for a junior club would be very time consuming and costly, catering, security etc, etc.

I also remember when the semi finals were played in senior grounds adding to the build up for the final. Also the majority of the players would welcome the chance of playing at a senior stadium as they've probaly played at all the top junior grounds that would be capable of holding the final

St Mirren / Patrick when West teams (if pitch is better) or Dunfermline or Livingston or even Easter Road / Tynecastle if big East team(s) eg Linlithgow or Boness. If Meadow ever did get to it again I honestly think 3-4,000 fans will come out which is just 10% of the town as v Bathgate around 3000 supporters and was a semi at Firhill when Ayrshire District League and 2,000 plus v Hibs on freezing start of January.

Hampden, who cares if there's only 5,000 there, I'm sure Colville Park and Leven Utd wont give a damn in the upcoming Amateur Cup Final. Cost is an issue of course but here's an idea, why not have a double header? Amateurs at 1.00, Junior Cup at 4.00, make it a non-league finals day.

Either that or St.Mirren, Airdrie, Falkirk or Livingston would suffice.

Wherever the SJFA sees a square deal that turns a 'could' into a 'would', simple as that. 'Should' is not a consideration. At present both finalists equally share £16k - a Hampden charge wipes that out entirely. Running at a loss for vanity, pretty clever stuff.

Rather than trying to corral SJFA into taking the cup final to an unsuitable venue, why not press them to sort out their PR? The grade is undersold, undervalued and ignored by too many.

Hampden, who cares if there's only 5,000 there, I'm sure Colville Park and Leven Utd wont give a damn in the upcoming Amateur Cup Final. Cost is an issue of course but here's an idea, why not have a double header? Amateurs at 1.00, Junior Cup at 4.00, make it a non-league finals day.

Either that or St.Mirren, Airdrie, Falkirk or Livingston would suffice.

It's easily done. Football festival even

https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com/Non-League-Finals-Day-2016

It's easily done. Football festival even

https://ticketingcontent.thefa.com/Non-League-Finals-Day-2016

Yip, spot on, that's exactly what I was alluding to.

In addition, the Scottish Youth Cup Final between Hearts and Motherwell is at Hampden on Wednesday night and will probably have the same sort of crowd as a Junior Cup Final would attract.

Maybe if West vs East it should be in the middle e.g. Auchinleck vs Linlithgow choose Broadwood or Falkirk Stadium or round about there, in west stick to Rugby park unless 2 Glasgow teams choose Firhill, East choose Almondvale or East End Park

Archived