Malta v Scotland

tartanspark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted doesn't cover it. Another trip I can't get a ticket for... stuck on one point. My mate had our tickets in his basket at noon and the payment page went blank. All booked up with no tickets. SFA supporters club slogan "more than just a number" today I've never felt more like just a number when It comes to supporting my country. All the fresh air in the world won't make any f#*king difference :(

1 hour ago, Tartanmaroon said:

Gutted doesn't cover it. Another trip I can't get a ticket for... stuck on one point. My mate had our tickets in his basket at noon and the payment page went blank. All booked up with no tickets. SFA supporters club slogan "more than just a number" today I've never felt more like just a number when It comes to supporting my country. All the fresh air in the world won't make any f#*king difference :(

Contact them and get put on the wait list,there will be a few returns once some of  those selected for pick up discover that they "have to work/family bereavement" :whistle

My thoughts on a suitable squad for Malta - trying to keep it to 25 players or less:

GK:
Gordon
Marshall
Bain or Archer

DF:
Hanley
Martin
Kingsley (possibly to try him as a CB?)
Berra
Robertson
Tierney
Hutton
Paterson

MF:
Fletcher
Brown
McArthur
Morrison
Bannan
Anya
Ritchie
Snodgrass
Burke
Phillips
Naismith

FW:
Fletcher
McCormack
Rhodes

With C Martin, Griffiths, Forrest, Russell, Maloney* on the fringes
*A bit harsh, I know, but who would I leave out of the MF pool instead? Burke - no, we need to see if he can do a job for us IMO - scored for Forest at the weekend and seems set to be a fixture for them at 19 YO. Naismith - no, he's still got a bit in the tank. Everyone else in MF picks themselves IMO.

When's the squad announced? 20th Aug-ish I imagine?

Oliver Burke should definitely be included.  I haven't seen him play, I'm purely basing him on what he became in FM.  Absolute baller.

I don't think there's going to be huge changes within the squad.  There perhaps needs to be, but that isn't the same as actually having the different options.  The same core 18 or so, then a few spots for new faces would suit me.

On 8/2/2016 at 18:44, Tartanmaroon said:

I know this isn't the best solution but I have never been a member of the TA and for every away game I've traveled without a ticket and managed to get one before every game. Sometimes in the home end, sometimes in the away end. I know it's not going to help get you points for future games but if you have already booked up ect you'll still get to see the game at least.

It is possible to move up the points,

Start of the last campaign I was on zero points,

Malta will see me get to 4 points, 

and I have also attended games without SSC tickets ( Scotland end away in Warsaw, and Irish end in Dublin),

Just keep applying and accept that a couple of games you might not fancy have to be attended. 

A lot of people moan about not being able to get a ticket in the Scotland end but if you look at the majority of our last 10 away games, it's went down to 0 points. Yes everyone can't afford to go to every away game but there has been plenty opportunity to climb the point ladder.

My first ever point was the Wembley game a few years back then a shite friendly back in London against Nigeria. Been lucky that I've been able to pick up points fairly easy since and now sit on 6.

On 8/9/2016 at 14:27, forameus said:

Oliver Burke should definitely be included.  I haven't seen him play, I'm purely basing him on what he became in FM.  Absolute baller.

I don't think there's going to be huge changes within the squad.  There perhaps needs to be, but that isn't the same as actually having the different options.  The same core 18 or so, then a few spots for new faces would suit me.

Never seen him play, but absolute baller! 

The irony is, this is exactly the sort of blue-sky thinking which i've been relentlessly banging on about, to be told that we just can't do change.....if he were to be called up, along with one or two others as a minimum, it would be a positive step, for once. 

And i've seen him. Twice. He is. 

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Never seen him play, but absolute baller! 

The irony is, this is exactly the sort of blue-sky thinking which i've been relentlessly banging on about, to be told that we just can't do change.....if he were to be called up, along with one or two others as a minimum, it would be a positive step, for once. 

And i've seen him. Twice. He is. 

The kid will be an absolute top drawer player unfortunately for scotland he will need to wait until he's 24/5 until he gets a regular cap

44 minutes ago, forameus said:

You clearly missed the part where I mentioned I was basing it purely on FM :rolleyes:

I clearly didn't....but i also clearly hinted that the information stored within that game is utilised by other teams, and unlikely to be so by techno/communophobes like Strachan to help increase the percentage of chance of success. 

14 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

I clearly didn't....but i also clearly hinted that the information stored within that game is utilised by other teams, and unlikely to be so by techno/communophobes like Strachan to help increase the percentage of chance of success. 

Misunderstanding then, I misread your post, apologies.  I wouldn't say using something like FM to be "blue-sky thinking" though.  Chris Martin got double figures for me in a career with most of them in one campaign after all, and Jordan Rhodes looked competent playing up front on his own.  Stephen Fletcher did take the huff again though and refuse to get picked.  Hey ho.

Anyway, I don't think they'll need anything technical to know that Oliver Burke is a prospect.  He's already been called up, and will likely continue to get called up.  

Archived