Talking to Ex's - yes or no

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My oldest friend is an ex since I gradually fell out or drifted apart from all my old school chums. 

She is the only ex I still talk to though since all the rest where bat shit crazy break up types. 

I have to talk/text to her because she's the mother of my kids and they're under 14. Does my head in, though.

Still, it amuses me that although she chose to go off in search of greener grass, every relationship she's had has been a failure, whilst I'm with someone fantastic and have been for over 4 years now.

I have to talk/text to her because she's the mother of my kids and they're under 14. Does my head in, though.

Still, it amuses me that although she chose to go off in search of greener grass, every relationship she's had has been a failure, whilst I'm with someone fantastic and have been for over 4 years now.

You're very much the happy chap, eh?

If it's been a long-term thing, no chance. I'm still on good terms with a fair few exes I was only going out with for a short space of time, but for me if it's been serious, that'll be the end of it when it comes to the end of it. The best way of moving on is to draw a line under it, and to me staying best friends with an ex always has a subtext of one of the two holding out for getting back together, which is actually another one I would never do - if it hasn't worked out once, it's hardly likely to second time around.

It's a shame sometimes - the last serious one before I got hitched was one I'd actually been pretty good friends with for a long time before getting together, which I reckon came as a bit of a surprise to both of us when it happened. Perhaps due to this, things got way too serious way too soon and I reckon it freaked both of us out. Haven't spoken since - shit happens I guess...

Neither of them are exes. One of them is just a former f**k buddy who I served up the custard pie to a long time ago.

Whereas the other made a complete c**t of you, and you came on here to cry about it.

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh."

"My ex is out pumping anything with a cock while I'm stuck with another saddo on the rebound".

I stayed 'pals' with a couple of them. What this apparently meant was they would suddenly start trying it as soon as I met someone so it was more a psycho woman control thing.

So I took the hate fucks and blocked all contact and I won't be doing it again.

because I'm an ugly b*****d and no getting another burd :lol:

Archived