Talking to Ex's - yes or no

Ok so this is another ex question. Was debating with a few friends yesterday if its possible to stay friends with an ex and how long after the split you were able to transition from partner to friends?

One of my mates just cuts out ex's and never speaks to them again. The other two are friends with a few ex's. Just thought I'd gauge P&B's concensious

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends on the length of the relationship and how it ended I think. If it's long term, then you've shared so much together and presumably have enough in common to sustain a decent friendship. This is if things ended amicably, of course. You also both have to be genuinely sure you have no romantic feelings for the other person otherwise it'll be awkward as f**k.

Definitely a good idea to cut off contact for at least a couple of months after the relationship ends though, so the party who was dumped (and the dumper to some extent) has some time to get over the situation and re-evaluate things / find someone else to shag.

Find my other relationship advice at www.loveadvice.com.

Still not over her mate?

I couldn't care less tbh. I don't really speak to them apart from a "Hi" but thats because I never see them rather than avoiding them.

More like because your first girlfriend is also your last. 

Archived