Weather watch Sat 23rd April

newcastle broon

This is what makes a mockery of the registration system.  Unlike the Lothian based teams,  I would surmise that Threave cannot play any of their youth team because they are registered with the SYFA.  It is time that this archaic rule is changed, 

This is what makes a mockery of the registration system.  Unlike the Lothian based teams,  I would surmise that Threave cannot play any of their youth team because they are registered with the SYFA.  It is time that this archaic rule is changed,

Would certainly make sense Cic.

This is what makes a mockery of the registration system. Unlike the Lothian based teams, I would surmise that Threave cannot play any of their youth team because they are registered with the SYFA. It is time that this archaic rule is changed,

IMO you're right and wrong. They obviously knew that would be the situation from the outset and so have to find a way of fielding a team despite them not having a youth set up they can utilise in the lowland.

However, the fact that they would be foolish to put their youth teams I to the lowland 20s due to costs and travel means it is more difficult. Although I will add its not something they just found out this morning. It's been the state of play for a long time.

Total respect for Threave but I'm just no buying this.How much a squad do you have ??

Farce. Although don't think the chairman going on the website and making up lies about the gaffer will have helped in the management trying to pull a squad together.

Bye threave. Won't be greatly missed for a while IMO.

IMO you're right and wrong. They obviously knew that would be the situation from the outset and so have to find a way of fielding a team despite them not having a youth set up they can utilise in the lowland.

However, the fact that they would be foolish to put their youth teams I to the lowland 20s due to costs and travel means it is more difficult. Although I will add its not something they just found out this morning. It's been the state of play for a long time.

If Threave (or any of the D&G teams at that) entered a youth team could they not play on the Saturday instead of Friday night against the team the senior team are playing in LL ?

That way transport cost saved.

I'm sure EK have done this with WW.

Surely wouldn't take much organisation

This is what makes a mockery of the registration system. Unlike the Lothian based teams, I would surmise that Threave cannot play any of their youth team because they are registered with the SYFA. It is time that this archaic rule is changed,

Agree 100%, but try telling that to the SYFA, they are the one's blocking it.

The wee tag underneath s a clue for ye.

I ken it might be a bit much for ye to take in ;)

your joking??? Ah thanks for pointing that out! I would never have noticed that! What a genius idea!!

Archived