Lok v Ford. Semi Final.

Larky55

Not much between the sides. Jordan Longmuir was the busier of the two goalies last Saturday. But Pollok were magnificent & deserved their draw against a very good Hurlford team.

I think tomorrow will come down to a battle of the Taz's, both players are a joy to watch. Hurlfords Taz ,Paul McKenzie) is an exceptional right midfielder very consistent player, works tirelessly, & has the pleasing habit of putting the ball in the net.

Pollok's Taz (Kevin Bradley) is not as consistent as his opponent, but on his day he is unstoppable, & he gets on the scoresheet as well.

Whichever Taz has the best game tomorrow, will leave the field looking forward to the cup final.

Good luck to both clubs. Produce a classic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a nervous 90 minutes tomorrow.

Stopping Hurlford scoring last week was a great achievement but there is no doubt that this tie is completely in the balance and I don't think Hurlford will look at being underdogs since they are away from home and I certainly would still have them as slight favourites.

If I remember correctly in the league match we created a lot of chances but didn't take them. If tomorrow is like last week then chances will be at a premium so it is really going to be down to forwards tomorrow to step up and take the few chances that comes their way.

Hopefully a decent crowd tomorrow (may miss out on a few neutrals with Rangers at Ibrox), but to be honest I couldn't care if it's only 10 people at Newlandsfield tomorrow, the only thing that matters is he result.

MTLN

Gutted to be missing it as it has the makings of a classic. Still it might do my blood pressure a favour.

Hope its played in a similar spirit to last week. Both teams will make worthy finalist, but its got to be Ford if for no other reason than to avoid a black and white stripped colour clash in the final :-)

Ding Dong!

Two, very evenly matched teams. Not sure what team I would prefer in the final to be honest. Think pollok are hitting form at just the right time of the season after a sluggish start, very similar to Beith's season.

Anyhow good luck tommorow and hope there's a good turnout for the game

Good luck to both teams. Can't see who the winner of this will be but if my brain makes a decision then Hurlford will win possibly after extra time. Just think they have the stronger 11. However personally I would like to see Pollok go through.

Good luck to both teams. Can't see who the winner of this will be but if my brain makes a decision then Hurlford will win possibly after extra time. Just think they have the stronger 11. However personally I would like to see Pollok go through.

No extra time. Straight to penalties.

All the best to Hurlford, watch out for the last minute dodgy penalty.

Oops, did I just say that?!

Maybe the Hurlford manager will have told his centre backs to not stand on Davie Winters foot? Then again hopefully not :)

Archived