Best and Worst PPVs

I'm working my way through some old PPVs on the WWE Network and I'm wondering what I should be watching. I'm a sucker for watching terrible movies and so, by extension, I also enjoy terrible wrestling PPVs. Can anyone point me in the direction of some dreadful shows?

I've sat through some of the WCW PPVs from 2000 and they're roundly appalling. The worst I think I've seen is Bash at the Beach - putting aside Jeff Jarrett lying down for Hulk Hogan (how on earth Double J ever became a main eventer in WCW I have no idea) and Vince Russo's shoot promo, there's so much bad stuff on it. The wedding gown match between Ms Hancock and Daffney is horrendously overbooked and the graveyard match is just so bad.

Fall Brawl is also a shambles - David Flair attacks a postman and puts him in the figure-four leg lock before running away and Scott Steiner, Russo and some woman all team up to hit Goldberg with poles before he passes out.

Conversely, what's considered to be the greatest PPV? I've heard WrestleMania X7 is supposed to be a cracker but I haven't sat down to watch it.

All thoughts and feedback would be welcome.

Backlash 2000 was brilliant. That Rock vs Triple H match is one of my favourite ever.

December to Dismember is properly abysmal. As well as pretty much any 1999-2000 WCW PPV.

I loved the Invasion PPV at the time. But the whole storyline could have been so much better if the big WCW names were on board.

December to Dismember was indeed the drizzling shits. Stark contrast to the One Night Stand of the same year (2006), which was a great ppv.

Some of the WWE shows from a few years before the attitude era were properly honking. King of the Ring 95 stands out for its bizarrely shite booking.

Wrestlemania 17 was indeed great, as was everything from about a year and a half before it (there were a couple of poor PPVs in 2000, but generally from No Mercy 99 until the middle of 2001 the WWF was a really high standard).

The previously mentioned Backlash 2000 is probably my favourite, and Backlash 2001 was good as well, with Rhyno v Raven, Angle v Benoit in 2/3 Falls and a Shane v Big Show LMS.

The first halves of both 2000 and 2001 in WWE were amazing PPV wise. Summerslam 1998 is a beauty as well.

Great American Bash 1989, Wrestle War 1992 and Bash at the Beach 1996 are all worth a look. With ECW on the Network, Anarchy Rulz 1999 and 2000, Living Dangerously 1999 and Hardcore Heaven 2000.

Royal Rumble 2000, if only for my favourite match of all time, Cactus Jack vs Triple H in a Street Fight. Loved their feud at that time.

I liked the Rumble too.

Also is the first time that Mae Young 'hilariously' flashes.

Angle v Tazz was a belter that night as well, if a bit short. Suplexes all over the shop. Crowd was absolutely wild for it as well with it being Tazz's debut and in NYC.

Just went and re-watched it, and aye the match is like 4 minutes long, so about 20 minutes too short. :lol:  Great pop for Tazz, though.

Royal Rumble 2000, if only for my favourite match of all time, Cactus Jack vs Triple H in a Street Fight. Loved their feud at that time.

I liked the Rumble too.

Also is the first time that Mae Young 'hilariously' flashes.

I remember that PPV was broadcast live on Channel 4 and the producers did their very best to cover up her flabby breasts but she kept on dancing around and the little black graphic couldn't quite block it out.

I remember that PPV was broadcast live on Channel 4 and the producers did their very best to cover up her flabby breasts but she kept on dancing around and the little black graphic couldn't quite block it out.

I only learnt about a year ago that it was actually a prosthesis she was wearing and not her actual old wrinkled drooping diddies.

So many teenage wanks wasted. :(;)

Miss Kitty's were very, very real though. Now that WAS a teenager's dream. Especially since her pervy old hubby Jerry Lawler loved sharing their private home collection of sexy photos on his official website back in the days before social media existed. Thankfully he was in none of them.

Archived