Should Mixu get the sack?

Should Mixu get the sack!  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question - how did he do so well at Killie?

Killie used to use the gym of the uni I went to when he was manager. I remember he came across quite well, and it looked like he was relaxed and had the respect of the players.

That certainly isn't the case at United.

He should go,no question. His signings on the whole have been dross, his tactics and decision making appalling and things like the Donaldson incident give the impression he's completely lost the plot. I've got zero confidence in his ability to re-build the club or get promotion. I agree McKinnon seems the best choice.

Not a United fan but I will say he should because of his win %, if only Mr Thompson payed compensation for a man that actually wanted the job, JOHN HUGHES!!

For me, United should try and appoint John again in the summer when Mixu gets the sack.

United supporters?

I suspect he's been brought in to add some bite and steel, a bit of fight.  From what I've seen, the only fight has been between him and the squad.

He has no tactical nous, no flexibility and doesn't seem to be able to assess a player.  Even a 15-year-old checking FM16 could do a better job.

Got to punt him. If you let him linger until next season you end up with

a. Ian Barraclough where you would need to bin him immediately if you started slowly

b. Martin Canning where he might start well and soldier on but will never take the club to success

Anyone got an example of a manager with such a bad record turning it around?

No, no. The baldy snake should stick by him until Sellick come calling in the summer looking for a replacement for their 'unminded' manager, then they can claim compensation from the erase cheek and stash even more dosh in his retiral fund, sorry United's coffers from the great unwashed of Glasgow's East end. Simples.

Nope.

Big yogi definitely would have saved them.

Please come calling Utd.

Are you saying big Yogi wouldn't have allowed his boyhood heroes to decimate his squad to warm the bench at paradise? Leaving them honking and shipping goals?

*I kinda feel partially responsible. I would've enjoyed watching them take points off Sevco.

*I don't.

Serious question - how did he do so well at Killie?

I've been wondering that myself over the last few weeks. Tbh I always thought United would just string a few wins together and get out of their situation but it never seemed to get started.

At Kilmarnock, he had a decent core of players, and added very well to it. Ben Gordon, James Dayton and obviously Eremenko - whose passing managed to get Conor Sammon a gig in the EPL AND into the Irish international set up. We were still bottom in October before going on a great run though - kept thinking the same would happen at Tannadice.

Ultimately who knows? Sometimes it just works for certain guys at certain clubs, ourselves and Mixu did just that.

I know results don't lie, but am genuinely struggling to comprehend how someone who was a revelation at Killie can become a bad manager .

Granted, he took a while for results to come, but he turned us into one of the best footballing sides in the country before leaving.

Was genuinely gutted when he signed at Tannadice, but in hindsight, maybe we dodged a bullet.

Would still have had him back before our previous two diddies, before LC of course.

Give him a chance and I 'm sure he'll come good.

I've been wondering that myself over the last few weeks. Tbh I always thought United would just string a few wins together and get out of their situation but it never seemed to get started.

At Kilmarnock, he had a decent core of players, and added very well to it. Ben Gordon, James Dayton and obviously Eremenko - whose passing managed to get Conor Sammon a gig in the EPL AND into the Irish international set up. We were still bottom in October before going on a great run though - kept thinking the same would happen at Tannadice.

Ultimately who knows? Sometimes it just works for certain guys at certain clubs, ourselves and Mixu did just that.

Exactly this. IMO Thompson has reduced Utd to a fucking whore of a mess.

Perhaps Utd fans should be looking further upwards rather than the manager?

Nah its clear you boys are right. I mean,we should be sticking with a manager who plays guys out of position, makes horrific signings, cant set up a team properly and continues to play out of form/garbage players every week

We really need to give him more of a chance

As much as in enjoying Mixus tenure and would enjoy him staying on his position is completely untenable.

From his game management and substitutions through to tactics, signings and overall conduct (swearing during an official interview, GIRUYs to opposition fans etc) he's clearly unfit for purpose.

Best for both parties if there is a split.

Archived