P&B decides the best way to scramble an egg

Best way to scramble an egg  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I add eggs too.

Hob! Pah! Unless you constantly stir it you'll be there all night trying to get burnt egg off the bottom of the pan. None of that nonsense with the microwave.

It's fucking simple, just cook on a low heat and keep stirring. 10 mins max, and delicious. Might try out sweary man's creme fraiche instead of milk though.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fucking simple, just cook on a low heat and keep stirring. 10 mins max, and delicious. Might try out sweary man's creme fraiche instead of milk though.

Too lazy for that. 4-5 mins in the microwave and it's perfect. 2 mins and stir, then 2 mins and stir, then 30 seconds.

That's with 7-8 eggs for two people. You have to catch it though, before it goes that rubbery way.

Microwaves are evil dirty things. We got one to sterilise baby stuff, but then ended up just buying a steriliser anyway, rendering the affair a waste.

The only thing it gets used for now is defrosting food I've forgotten to take out the freezer.

On a side note (don't think it needs it's own thread) Mrs Romeo, when having boiled or fried eggs requests the yolk be very hard.

I know  this makes my wife a beast, but I don't think there's anything to be done about it.

You could try a pie kicking.

Four minutes that will change your life. Maybe

I was with him up until the creme fraise. If I add anything, it's a little double cream. Creme fraise would bring a sourness I'm not on board with.

Also, little tomatoes are so much nicer roasted in the oven than hob-fried. Admittedly doing so totally destroys the notion of it being a 5-minute meal, but still.

I like to cook some mushrooms in butter on the side then eat with the scrambled eggs. NEVER mix them with the eggs! They'll go a greyish colour if you do.

Lastly, I realise this is an aside, but seeing as omelettes keep being mentioned...

One of my very favourite guilty pleasures is to make a Spanish tortilla style omelette. Either the classic with potato or a mushroom one. I let it go at least lukewarm then shove slices of it in a baguette with mayonnaise and a red onion and tomato salad which I've drowned in an over-garlicky vinaigrette. When I eat it, drips go everywhere and I look like I've just come out a bukkake party. This may be beast behaviour, but I guarantee that if you try it, you'll probably call me Jesus.

I don't mind fried eggs but I'm fussy about how they're cooked!

A clean pan,(I should really start a thread), medium heat and add a knob of butter place the egg(s) in the pan and let the whites start to colour then put a lid, an oven tray would do over the pan and leave for two minutes, the steam will cook the whites and leave a runny yolk.

One of my very favourite guilty pleasures is to make a Spanish tortilla style omelette. Either the classic with potato or a mushroom one. I let it go at least lukewarm then shove slices of it in a baguette with mayonnaise and a red onion and tomato salad which I've drowned in an over-garlicky vinaigrette.

That sounds amazing. Partial to a Spanish omelette piece, although never tried one with mushroom. Will remedy tonight I think.

I grew up being fed microwaved scrambled eggs, the first time I tasted them done on the hob with butter the difference is huge, hob for life.

This is reminiscent of those tales where a plucky young man is taken from some hunter-gatherer village in the deepest Amazon, and brought to the bright lights of New York City.

At the very least it's a beautiful Eliza Doolittle story. I hope whoever gave you hob-cooked eggs also taught you to speak roight propah.

That sounds amazing. Partial to a Spanish omelette piece, although never tried one with mushroom. Will remedy tonight I think.

Hope you enjoy! I sometimes put red peppers or spinach in the mix, but really I always go back to mushrooms.

Archived