I hope all the Campbell Out brigade are crying in their beers tonight. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had been given the time Dick had enough about him to get us over the line albeit via the playoffs. Instead our Chairman punted him without even giving him the dreaded vote of confidence. The Chairman took an almighty gamble on Garry Bollan and it misfired spectacularly. Albion Rovers looked no better than a Junior Team but they were plenty good enough to see off our team of super stars!!!

Have you seen anything in his tactics or use of players that would suggest a quick return to league one.

No? Thought not.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was certainly the antidote to last week's dire 0-0 draw. With both teams playing for something, we had an open contest with pieces of good play a fair number of twists and turns. Neither team had the points in the bag at any point in the game, which made it great entertainment.

I thought Forfar started like a team hungry to survive, with their best player, Andy Ryan, actually giving one of the most creative performances I've seen from a forward this season. With his first piece of play he set up a goal and after that he gave our defence plenty of problems, running at them on and off the ball, passing through them and always looking to cause trouble. After the goal I thought Forfar were going to show what they're made of - but instead they let us straight back into the game and conceded two pretty poor goals.

Both teams had spells in the second half and the penalty was a silly foul, well converted by Ryan, but we made our double-figure corner kick tally count and got the third goal - if we do somehow finish 4th, Mick Dunlop will be the man to thank - not only for two fantastic late winners in the run-in, but for his non-stop excellence at the back with his brother all season. What a couple of players they are.

The fight is over for the Loons but not for us - relying on two other results ensures a nail-biting Saturday next week, but whatever happens, going into the last day with a chance of promotion to the Championship is dreamland for Albion Rovers fans.

Well done, everyone.

Just watched the "highlights" - moments to forget for Hill at the first, Rodger at the second and Dunlop at the third.

No idea what keeper is doing for Albion's first goal.

After getting penalty to get it 2-2 it really looked like Forfar would go on and win it

No idea what keeper is doing for Albion's first goal.

After getting penalty to get it 2-2 it really looked like Forfar would go on and win it

Yes, I thought Forfar looked like the likelier winners after their equaliser. Soft-penalty-of-the-year award, btw.

Archived