Airdrie vs Pars

Doesn't seem to be much interest in this at the moment.

From our point of view I hope the players got their arses kicked by the manager after the shite on Saturday. No idea as the line up. It must surely be the very last chance for some to show they are worthy of a new contract.

Airdrie can mathematically still make the playoffs, so I imagine they'll win. Finances dictate I won't be at this one so if we do get the predicted pumping at least I'll miss it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must surely be the very last chance for some to show they are worthy of a new contract.

Manager said.."I am really disappointed but boys have got to get a chance to see if they are going to be worth a contract next year and see if they are ready to step up to the Championship. That certainly won't have done a lot of people a lot of favours."

Players who played last week who are not signed up..

David Hutton;  Brad McKay (loan),  (Craig Reid ), Jason Talbot; Ryan Wallace, Josh Falkingham, Scott Robinson, Conner Duthie (Shaun Byrne), Michael Moffat

Probably be another makeshift team but it would be good to see a strongest 11 against Peterhead. 

There hasn't been much interest in any match threads for our games in months. Although we can mathematically still make the playoffs, realistically we have no chance. And we secured our survival last week so nothing really to play for. The player of the year night is on Saturday, and I don't suppose the players will want to attend that on the back of a defeat. I'm hopeful of a decent performance if nothing else.

For the home fans who missed it on the other thread...news of Johnny Martins' book launch on Sat.

Johnny will be signing copies of his new book on Saturday at the following locations

Walkers Bon Bon Cake Shop - 10.30-11.30 
Rowan Suite - midday-2.45 
Outside the Diamonds Den at half time 
Presidents Bar - post match 
At the POTY evening

There will also be a Q&A session in the Rowan Suite from 1.30-2.15, hosted by Colin Paterson from the advertiser.

How many Pars fans coming through? 

For the home fans who missed it on the other thread...news of Johnny Martins' book launch on Sat.

Johnny will be signing copies of his new book on Saturday at the following locations

At the POTY evening

There will also be a Q&A session in the Rowan Suite from 1.30-2.15, hosted by Colin Paterson from the advertiser.

There was a book launch last time played you through there. We won 0-2. The same again would be lovely.

At the POTY evening

Not many. Think everyone is saving themselves for the trophy presentation. 

Win this and we'll have won every single game we've played on an artificial pitch this season. It's not up there with Fife Cup wins obviously but would still be an achievement...

Just shy of 3/1 for a home win seems tremendous value.

Win this and we'll have won every single game we've played on an artificial pitch this season. It's not up there with Fife Cup wins obviously but would still be an achievement...

Just shy of 3/1 for a home win seems tremendous value.

How? We've won one league game at home since October....

How? We've won one league game at home since October....

I think we're running out of players to try out or that AJ hasn't got sick of. See what sort of lineup we announce but if it's a mix of boys on the way back from injury, blank firing strikers and untried kids I wouldn't expect to see us pick up three points. 

Expecting one of our worst away followings this season for this. League's already over and after AJ giving fringe players a shot and us getting pumped away at Stranraer last week I just can't see many making the trip. That along with the Lizzie player of the year awards at night, I know a lot of the boys are patching it for that. I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Manager said.."I am really disappointed but boys have got to get a chance to see if they are going to be worth a contract next year and see if they are ready to step up to the Championship. That certainly won't have done a lot of people a lot of favours."

Players who played last week who are not signed up..

David Hutton;  Brad McKay (loan),  (Craig Reid ), Jason Talbot; Ryan Wallace, Josh Falkingham, Scott Robinson, Conner Duthie (Shaun Byrne), Michael Moffat

Probably be another makeshift team but it would be good to see a strongest 11 against Peterhead. 

Out of those players the only ones I'd really bother about losing would be Falky, Moffat and possibly Talbot.

Archived