Offices

Central

Outside my work a runaway bin lorry killed loads of folk and traumatised half the staff so we got sent home early.. then were made to come back in the next day only to be sent away early again. May of seen it on the news.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside my work a runaway bin lorry killed loads of folk and traumatised half the staff so we got sent home early.. then were made to come back in the next day only to be sent away early again. May of seen it on the news.

Must have been a pretty awful day to be working there.

^^^^^^^ Harry Clarke IMO ^^^^^^^

Mate of mine worked in an office for decades. Once pointed someone out to me at Cappielow referring to him as "the office scrotum" - guess the guy wasn't popular. Another woman in his office was given a similar moniker for seemingly providing a colleague (not my mate) oral relief in the back of a taxi.

Anytime I've had to deal with all-female offices, the atmosphere is often toxic.  A group of "pals" will decide to hate one of the other women and she can do no right.  Horrible to see it happen.

Shenanigans at women-only TV company.

I don't work in a office but in my old job we had to go into the head office a few times a year for all the "corporate health check" shite. One of the visits coincided with a guy in complaints having a complete melt down; he was swearing at someone (presumably a customer) over the phone then picked up his monitor, hurled it to the ground then sat down and forceably (I think - otherwise the timing was fortuitous) shat himself.

Safe to say he doesn't work there anymore.

It made a dull day rather exciting!

Does every office have a phantom shitter? My old office had one. And a female version who used to alternate between turds and bad week for her medium of choice

Until I read this thread, I thought it was just my place that had phantom shitter(s).  Maybe it's just a permanently disgruntled employee going round lots of workplaces in the country?  It's the disabled toilet in our place that seems to be where they vent their fury/bowels - maybe they just don't like the disabled?

Tuesday at 1pm.

Friday, 2pm. A few weeks ago we deliberately left it on as a drill to see how long it would take folk to realise it wasn't just the normal test. Didn't want to end up with an office of crispy workers if there ever was a fire at 2pm on a Friday.

I seem to have worked exclusively in offices with women in charge of recruitment, they never recruit tidy burds as they see them as a threat.

My work is full of rotters, no fandan whatsoever.

Yep same in my office.  Must be a female thing.  All men or fatties recruited in the place I work.

There was this fat cow that worked in the office and sucked up to the boss.  She'd bad mouth everyone else to the boss, kiss the bosses arse and basically made working there utterly horrible.  Then the boss left the office and she was desperate to get the job but she didn't get it, in fact if anything she went from a sort of 'unofficial' 2nd in command to being just another worker cos the guy that got the job had been given the cold shoulder by her, like everyone else, previously.  You could tell she was bitter beyond belief but had to bite her tongue for now.

Then quite soon after, the guy that had replaced the former boss, also left the office.  Fatty was absolutely convinced she was going to get the top job now as she was put in temporary charge.

An announcement was to be made by the regional boss who came to the office.  Fatty thought she was a shoe in.  So in walks the regional manager with the original boss, turns out she was coming back and re-joining the office.  Fatty basically had a live time mental breakdown right there in front of everyone in the office.  I hated her guts and found the whole thing absolutely hilarious. 

She was screaming and shouting about being 'betrayed', called the old boss a 'back stabber', started throwing things around the office, staplers and stuff, basically having a terrible twos temper tantrum in the body of fat slag. 

The regional manager was furious and called her into a private office (all this previous had happened in the main open plan office).  The screaming and shouting continued from within the office.  She was obviously trashing the place.  Then the door flew and she thundered out.  Fatty had the keys to the office because she locked up at the end of the day.  She took the keys and threw them like a bullet at the old (and now reappointed) office boss.  Just missed but nearly took the head off her.  Then fattie burst into howling tears, and I mean HOWLING tears.  Before she left I said to her with a cunty smile on my face "hey, maybe you'll get it next time". Payback. Then she burst through the fire doors and down the corridor to the main exit, blubbering and weeping like a teething baby. 

After work, I left the office.  The car park was empty except for fatty's car and she was in the car still crying with her head on the steering wheel.  This was about an hour and a half after what had happened.  Obviously after that day, she was never seen again and I hope to god she never gets any other job because that women is absolutely toxic.

Couldn't have happened to a better bitch.

I finally had to join P&B after seeing this thread. After working in offices most of my life I have a few tales.

First off, the phantom shitter seems to be a worldwide one, we have one in our office here in Canada. So far we've had two huddles regarding it.

I previously worked in a call centre in Kirkcaldy, awful job, but one strange lad was once so dedicated to customer service, he once muted a call, spewed on his desk, and returned to his call.

Compared to Scottish office's nothing exciting happens in my current office, apart from the odd protest at the US Consulate across the street, the worst is definitely our "Team Building" activities, why do we need these? We all work in an office, not a combat zone.

Archived