RAW & Smackdown in Glasgow

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got BK 010 for both RAW and Smackdown. I was trying online for RAW with no joy, my brother got in and managed to get tickets, £90 each, Smackdown I went on bookingsdirect at 12pm and got tickets there. Lots of folk saying they managed to get it with app but not the website.

To the folk saying about ICW, if I was Mark Dallas I'd be happy. Great chance to send out their wrestlers outside the arena and promote the event. They were walking about Glasgow doing this before the 1st documentary and are much more well known now, and I'm sure if you sent Grado out to promote to fans outside the Hydro it would go down well and help sell tickets.

I know it's well in advance but I think this time last year we knew Foley was going to be there whereas this year I have saw nothing. Hope they manage to get good numbers and will probably end up picking a ticket up.

Foley is confirmed to be there this year

For someone who has never been to a live show, let alone a taping of RAW, what can I expect? I'm assuming there will be dark matches? Does the taping of WWE Superstars take place? Any other general comments/advice or things I should be looking forward to?

For someone who has never been to a live show, let alone a taping of RAW, what can I expect? I'm assuming there will be dark matches? Does the taping of WWE Superstars take place? Any other general comments/advice or things I should be looking forward to?

Wondering the same mate

I'm on my tod. We should get a pie&bovril reference banner to hold up between the sections.

Might get complicated there as my usual alias is Sir Kevin of Kilsyth. He is more likely to attend the event than your friendly neighbourhood Hurricane.

Aye there will be dark matches and all that. I watched this weeks B shows on WWE network this morning and it was all taped in London last week.

Yeah, superstars will be taped before one of the events I'd imagine. There might well be a dark match or two on both shows as well, possibly involving local talent. Noam Dar or Nikki Storm are most likely to be involved in a dark match if that's the case. Or Big Damo as I imagine he's at least quoted within WWE given that he was trained by Finn Balor and Robbie Brookside and has a decent following in Japan already.

Superstars/Main Event taped before the event. When you're watching live and it goes to an advert on the TV the arena goes dark and an advert comes on. It's no wonder the arena goes flat quickly at shows as the adverts can be annoying at times.

The first live show I went to caught me off guard on a couple of obvious things. I had never watched wrestling without commentary before! Not a bad thing - just different. Also seeing camera man in the ring for every promo segment is weird at first, as is all the production and camera crew everywhere. You realise what a good job they do of covering up so much stuff.

It's actually very impressive watching a live production like that in action. Sometimes can be a wee bit distracting I guess.

Archived