Motherwell vs Hearts

Flow did point out that they'd try and see if there was a workaround. It seems that according to the 'rules' they can still provide the same content but only if it's behind a paywall. Which is the issue I believe.

I don't know what sort of hosting etc Thistle use for their TAG thing. It seems that's fine but putting the content up publicly on YT isn't.

Absolute pish either way.

If the club have to go to the hassle of resurrecting the 'Well TV platform, (which was a bit ropey) and charging us 1p to watch it, it's senseless.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See we are no longer allowed to show highlights for the 1st team stuff on youtube now after a tweet sent by Alan Burrows tonight, apparently league rules state we arent allowed which us and several other clubs were not aware of.  Means only under 20s stuff can only be broadcast on youtube now.   Bit of a farce if you ask me.

In fairness, Motherwell were never allowed to post highlights on Youtube, they simply, probably, hadn't realised they were breaching regulations. The rules, apparently, say that teams can't post highlights before midnight, something Motherwell have been doing all season. I get the feeling that the "Meekings Incident" in the DUFC v ICTFC game was the thing that sparked this email to all clubs.

Flow did point out that they'd try and see if there was a workaround. It seems that according to the 'rules' they can still provide the same content but only if it's behind a paywall. Which is the issue I believe.

I don't know what sort of hosting etc Thistle use for their TAG thing. It seems that's fine but putting the content up publicly on YT isn't.

Absolute pish either way.

Thistle just require season ticket holders to register for access, which suggests to me that while there needs to be a "Paywall" it can be something as a registration form. I.E. The paywall is nothing.

All Motherwell would need to do is change their output from YouTube to some other professional company(dailyvision?), make their fans "log in" and view.

Thistle just require season ticket holders to register for access, which suggests to me that while there needs to be a "Paywall" it can be something as a registration form. I.E. The paywall is nothing.

All Motherwell would need to do is change their output from YouTube to some other professional company(dailyvision?), make their fans "log in" and view.

Could probably still use YouTube as a platform. Post it as a private video and embed on a password protected site (or something).

When does the spfl highlights go up on YouTube?

Anyone on here going to the under 20's cup final on Wednesday?

They're already up but they're geo-locked. I think they go live locally after Sportscene or whatever.

Yeah I should be heading along to Hampden on Wednesday.

They're already up but they're geo-locked. I think they go live locally after Sportscene or whatever.

Yeah I should be heading along to Hampden on Wednesday.

I'm quite looking forward to it since I've not been to Hampden since the Scotland Spain game a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Hall plays.

I'm quite looking forward to it since I've not been to Hampden since the Scotland Spain game a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Hall plays.

Hall's played the last few 20s games since Kennedy has been keeping him out the 1st team so I'd think it's likely he'll play with Watt at right back.

Hall will definitely play in this game as will Dom Thomas and Luke Watt,  Stephen Craigan is desperate to also have Chris Cadden for the game but that decision is up to the manager who obviously sees him as a key part of the first team.

Can't believe I paid £23 for that, fucking murder. More negative shite under neilson, it's just not good enough. The moment that summed it all up was when I think dauda pulled a shot wide and djoum was in space beside him, he just looked at him with disgust and pointed to his feet :lol:

Archived