Cowden Vs Stenny

I think some of the comments miss the point.

Adam had a howler and all 3 goals could or should have been saved so despite everyone else apart from Sives being utter shit today there was an opportunity to get something from the game.

We were not let down by results. Even a win today didnt guarantee safety. As Brechins win shows if we won today and lost next week while they won its still 9th.

Two poor teams out there today and Stenny loked more up for it once they got back in it.

Like last season at Alloa the coo have gone missing when the chips are down and I will be there next week but expecting the worst. We stole the points down there earlier in the season regardless of the scoreline.

Wonder how TOB feels with his 2 year contract right mow. Far far too good for league 2.

We would have been safe as we would have been 5 ahead of stenny.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were not let down by results. Even a win today didnt guarantee safety. As Brechins win shows if we won today and lost next week while they won its still 9th.

If we'd won today we couldn't have finished 9th.

We'd have been 4 clear of Stenny and minimum 5 clear of Forfar.

I don't think we're getting enough credit from some of the Cowden fans for today's performance - with the exception of a long-range shot at the end, all your chances came from set-pieces. We limited you to playing the ball long, dominated the midfield and scored three times. Sure, we're in the mire at the moment but that was a strong showing.

That's a fair point. Stenhousemuir were brilliant. They played fantastic football for 90 minutes and fully deserved the 3 points.

I think some of the comments miss the point.

Adam had a howler and all 3 goals could or should have been saved so despite everyone else apart from Sives being utter shit today there was an opportunity to get something from the game.

Two poor teams out there today and Stenny loked more up for it once they got back in it.

Like last season at Alloa the coo have gone missing when the chips are down and I will be there next week but expecting the worst. We stole the points down there earlier in the season regardless of the scoreline.

Wonder how TOB feels with his 2 year contract right mow. Far far too good for league 2.

A

A win today would have had us 100 percent safe. The performance on the park today you wouldn't have thought it or they were like you who didn't realise

I don't think we're getting enough credit from some of the Cowden fans for today's performance - with the exception of a long-range shot at the end, all your chances came from set-pieces. We limited you to playing the ball long, dominated the midfield and scored three times. Sure, we're in the mire at the moment but that was a strong showing.

All the Cowden fans or most I think have said that Stenny deserved their win which they did.

A lot of folk maybe got complacent thinking if we win we stay up without really thinking about the game ahead. Every time we have things like this in our own hands it seems to go pear shaped, QOS two years ago and Alloa last season both spring to mind.

At last! Cheers friend, I even threw in a nice green dot for your comment. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Is your reply as sarcastic as his?

You were better than us but you weren't exactly amazing. What you did have is more spirit and hunger.

We were terrible and performances like that mean deserved relegation

Right now if I was Donald Id take a gamble at put Nish on Gardening leave and appoint Fowler if he wanted the gig.

The last club to punt a manager when they ended in the play offs was Alloa and that didn't end well as they lost their games and went down.

The last club to punt a manager when they ended in the play offs was Alloa and that didn't end well as they lost their games and went down.

Worked last season for them though.

Don't get me wrong it isn't wise to take a gamble like that and I don't know who would be best should Nish not be here next season.I am just raging at us not winning today and what makes it worse is the lack of passion on the field and from the dugout.

Worked last season for them though.

Don't get me wrong it isn't wise to take a gamble like that and I don't know who would be best should Nish not be here next season.I am just raging at us not winning today and what makes it worse is the lack of passion on the field and from the dugout.

Last season was different it was a month before the end of the season. I'm talking about when they went down to the 3rd they sacked their manager on the Saturday before the play off on the Wednesday night.

No complaints about the result - Stenny were by far the better team and deserved winners. The game was won in midfield where Gibbons and Beaumont were completely anonymous. That doesn't even look a decent pairing on paper so why did Nish think it would work in reality? Has Gibbons even had a decent 10 minute spell since he's arrived at the club?

As was mentioned by Craig, Sives was excellent but he is surrounded by shit. I can't see anything other than a Stranraer victory next week.

Anyone know why Byrne gets a game? Dreadful today.

We're fucking pish. We've been lucky, very lucky to accumulate the points we have recently which has papered the cracks over incredibly shite performances. We certainly should not have beat Brechin two weeks ago.

For Donald to say today at the 100 club thing that the board want to try and keep the majority of the squad for next season sends shivers down my spine.

We need a total clearout including the manager - regardless of the league we are in. I feel it won't be this one.

Archived