TEAMS THAT GO AWAY IN THE HUFF IF THEY DON'T WIN

villager

It`s nothing to do with respect or manners .Not everybody has the luxury of being able to hang around for an hour or so after a game on a Saturday,. Players have a variety of things to contend with in their private lives wether that be work,child care, family etc etc so hanging around for another hour on a Saturday afternoon after having  probably been out since mid-morning for me shouldn`t be a pre-requisite.You`ll likely find that even some of the home team players don`t stick around either for exactly the same reason(s) If the hospitality issue really matters then it`s easy to get round. Home club contacts away club on a Wednesday or Thursday and asks the question. Based on the response either prepare some hospitality or don`t. No drama required..........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not unusual in the east (south) league. Poor show but just sheer lack of respect.

It happened once with us early season when we won with a late goal, off they went in the huff and they were reported to the Region.

I agree, clubs should be fined and that is then passed onto the host club to cover the expense. Second offence, increase the fine and so on.

It`s nothing to do with respect or manners .Not everybody has the luxury of being able to hang around for an hour or so after a game on a Saturday,. Players have a variety of things to contend with in their private lives wether that be work,child care, family etc etc so hanging around for another hour on a Saturday afternoon after having  probably been out since mid-morning for me shouldn`t be a pre-requisite.You`ll likely find that even some of the home team players don`t stick around either for exactly the same reason(s) If the hospitality issue really matters then it`s easy to get round. Home club contacts away club on a Wednesday or Thursday and asks the question. Based on the response either prepare some hospitality or don`t. No drama required..........

That might be true of one or two players, but not all of them plus coaching team and committee.

There is no justification in what Shotts did at the weekend, if clubs don't want hospitality after a game all they have to do is notify the home team prior to the match. I have always enjoyed the hospitality after a game but I wouldn't condemn a team for not staying, it's not notifying them prior to the game being played that is wrong. Surely having a chat with the other committee and players whether you win lose or draw is what the juniors is all about

It's not about an hour though .

It's about paying a 15 minute visit at least and showing respect to your hosts.

Nobody is asking people to turn up and debate about Jeremy Kyle nor coronation street or In tommyboys case the Simpsons.

Just a little ten or fifteen minutes out your life to appreciate someone taking the time to lay something on for you that's all.

It's called decency and respect.

Some things won't change with Talbot fans. Horrible lot and expect everything. Get it up them

Show me one Junior club who wouldn't like a visit from the horrible Talbot fans.  Are you the lad that dropped your Crunchie at Petershill a fortnight ago? Just to let you know I picked it up and ate it. It was still in the wrapper and down Auchinleck way that is considered a capture.

Just in from the shotts training and spoke to the manager about this. Both he the assistant manager and physio were in the bar for food and drinks. After waiting for over 15 mins nothing was being served so they left and advised the players that no food was available. As for committee they travelled in the supporters bus and left straight after full time like the do every away game. As always two sides to every story and don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

So the Shotts committee never stay for hospitality?

Not unless they travel by car. It's not fair on the other supporters on the bus hanging around whilst they get wined n dined. As above shotts did go into the bar and left after getting the impression no food was being served. I personally didn't go up as I had plans but I was assured at training tonight members from the management team did attend

"cook" is when we go to the trouble of MAKING a variety of pasta ie macaroni cheese, pasta bakes, chilli (I make them myself usually the night before, and my team put it all together on the day) homemade soup and hot rolls etc. Very very rarely is there something on the menu that is not hot. The refs always come up to us for something, and I agree, teams should be fined unless prior notice is given that they may have to make an early departure.

CAROLINE

No sweet, Caroline?

Archived