The Queen's Park v Clyde

Am looking forward to this - we need to score first and then hold on for dear life! 

Also, agree with an earlier post; I don't get the away fans allocated seating area at Hampden -  a peice of nonsense.

It is indeed. My only offer on it is something to do with G4S having a stadium plan/strategy in place for internationals, cup finals etc and they follow their big book to the letter for the QP games. That routine they have of parading up and down the gangways is ridiculous.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it not be cheaper to use the north stand? It's already got a segregation bar and only 2 sets of Turnstyles would be required. Suppose it's maybe too simple to do?? It's shite for your lot too as the south stand is pish

I'd love to watch games from the North Stand. Many's the day it's t-shirt and shorts weather outside, and then it's Baltic inside. At least we would get the benefit of the precious little warmth that the sun offers us during the course of our season. Summer football anyone?

Given the fact Clyde bring by far the biggest support to Hampden and will no doubt bring even more this Saturday, why not open the south east lower for them and stick them in there? That way the majority of both sets of fans get the same standard of view, and we have no ridiculous queues at the turnstiles before the match or half time at the pie stalls. It's been done before with some away fans and worked well

Given the fact Clyde bring by far the biggest support to Hampden and will no doubt bring even more this Saturday, why not open the south east lower for them and stick them in there? That way the majority of both sets of fans get the same standard of view, and we have no ridiculous queues at the turnstiles before the match or half time at the pie stalls. It's been done before with some away fans and worked well

I'm sure folk more in the know than me will be able to tell us how much it dents the pockets with regards to extra turnstiles, opening another kiosk and extra stewarding. I'm sure that's the only reason for not doing it. The only time I recall a really problematic queue was when we played Thistle a few years ago with 1,600 folk going through very few turnstiles.

We've had Thistle, Airdrie, Raith Rovers, and even Irvine Meadow in the other side of the main stand in the past. It would put to bed the gripes about the view and could be justified given the numbers involved. The only downside for me is it's a bit far away to give it GIRFUY when someone scores

I recall back in the days of the terraced North Enclosure being opened (92/93?) there were often wee pockets of mostly home fans in the west-side portion. Personally I don't mind the view of the away end for QP fixtures, it's the only section of the entire stadium I've never been in at either an international or a cup final/semi, and you're ninety five per cent certain not to get pishing wet unlike if you sat in the first ten or twenty rows which would provide this illusionary better view everyone seems to be longing for.

it's a bit ridiculous when we take a good crowd people looking for a seat in a totally empty stadium

Expecting a good atmosphere... from the Clyde end... and the odd clap from the QP end with an occasional "QP (clap clap clap)" from 4 under age boys with high pitched voices

This is highly accurate

Expecting a good atmosphere... from the Clyde end... and the odd clap from the QP end with an occasional "QP (clap clap clap)" from 4 under age boys with high pitched voices

,,,and if following the usual patterns, you'll get pumped. Still, at least you'll have had a good atmosphere.

,,,and if following the usual patterns, you'll get pumped. Still, at least you'll have had a good atmosphere.

The "usual patterns" you refer to are a few seasons out of date.

I prefer this seasons usual pattern, Clyde doing ok away, QP pish at home

Hahaha. From a fan who supports a club that it's bottle is truly crashing.

I don't mind people coming onto Clyde threads at the wind up but you're a fucking dreadful poster. Same mundane pish every week, get some decent patter at least eh?

Don't know which team is favourite for this one. Clyde's recent record at Hampden is dreadful (much like the one that that gets played when the teams come out!), bet then so is our home form this season.

The only certainty is that if Clyde win then their support will be justified in crowing about it, whereas Queen's could win this and still not make the play-offs - something I'll be very much keeping in mind whatever the outcome.

Archived