Scottish Cup Final "Confirmed" Rugby Park AGREE?

SMFC

Used to play scarlett finals there my only issue isn't size of ground it's like hertha says its the pitch why not go to firhill then bit smaller and grass not far for either of beiths potential finalists

Firhill pitch will get dug up as soon as season is over. Sandpit

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Junior final at Hampden? Behave.

Think the amateurs still do it and up until the 80s it was the traditional venue for it. The problem was that after it started being televised in the 1970s neutrals stopped going and what had traditionally been an event that drew 20,000+ spectators dropped to the 5,000-10,000 range and Hampden looked very sparse with that sort of crowd.

Somerset is a piggery

As a killie fan its natural that you would say that and yes it's something of an eyesore but I would rather play our game there on a very good grass surface and at a tighter venue with potentially a better atmosphere and fuller ground than play it at rugby park on synthetic.

Appreciate that I will be in the vast minority In saying this though .

As a killie fan its natural that you would say that and yes it's something of an eyesore but I would rather play our game there on a very good grass surface and at a tighter venue with potentially a better atmosphere and fuller ground than play it at rugby park on synthetic.

Defo with you on the grass part bud. But Somerset is a dump these days & not fit for purpose for our showpiece final.

Wullie Colum ?

Would be surprised though if it's a senior Ref as I always thought it was a final swansong for the top junior ref to bow out on before he himself went senior next season.

Given Collum is going to the Euros, I find it hard to believe.

There's no chance it's Willie Collum, the weekend of the Junior Cup Final is the last weekend teams will be playing warm up matches prior to the Euros, so Collum will be away doing one of those games.

Edit: Confirmed on the Sun Juniors Facebook page that the final is at Rugby Park on 29th May with kick off at 4.05 pm.

I'd be happy to go to Somerset. It's just like a big junior park without a bar.

I'd be happy to go to Somerset. It's just like a big junior park without a bar.

It's a relative mate to what you look for in a football ground.

In senior terms Somersett has fallen behind other senior grounds ï¸ï¸however If Somersett were a junior ground then we would all be raving about it and it would easily be the best junior ground in the country .

Just like if my favourite junior grounds in Talbot, pollok , linlithgow and sauchie were actually senior grounds then senior fans would probably ridicule them grounds in comparison to others at their level in the same way that Somersett is currently .

Still rugby park it is and regardless of its obvious bad points at least you know you're going. I hope I can say the same this time tomorrow.

Agree 100% and just delighted to be there.

Always like to put my neb into debates on here though.

Tough one to call between you guys and Pollok tomorrow as both very good teams.

I would rather play our game there on a very good grass surface and at a tighter venue with potentially a better atmosphere and fuller ground than play it at rugby park on synthetic.

I would like to play football on a pitch that is level, whether it is on grass or synthetic. IMO it is a joke that you are allowed to play on a pitch with the slope that Bellsdale has.  

A lot moaning by many about nothing - players train on these pitches all the time and to be honest it is not something you think about when watching a game at Rugby Park.  It suits the better football teams, which is probably why our home record has been so poor the last couple of years.

As for Hamdpen Park - I was there in 1981 when Arthurlie lost to Pollok in 1981 and when Talbot beat Pollok and the place was like a ghost town, so you are better off at the likes of Rugby Park, Fir Park or St Mirren's ground from getting an atmosphere. 

I also don't know why Killie bother offering the pitch as so many seem totally ungrateful, despite serving the juniors well over the years.

Anyway good luck in the final as I certainly don't want the other 2 to win the cup and I know one of the Beith players.  They also deservedly knocked Arthurlie out of the cup.

I would like to play football on a pitch that is level, whether it is on grass or synthetic. IMO it is a joke that you are allowed to play on a pitch with the slope that Bellsdale has.

A lot moaning by many about nothing - players train on these pitches all the time and to be honest it is not something you think about when watching a game at Rugby Park. It suits the better football teams, which is probably why our home record has been so poor the last couple of years.

As for Hamdpen Park - I was there in 1981 when Arthurlie lost to Pollok in 1981 and when Talbot beat Pollok and the place was like a ghost town, so you are better off at the likes of Rugby Park, Fir Park or St Mirren's ground from getting an atmosphere.

I also don't know why Killie bother offering the pitch as so many seem totally ungrateful, despite serving the juniors well over the years.

Anyway good luck in the final as I certainly don't want the other 2 to win the cup and I know one of the Beith players. They also deservedly knocked Arthurlie out of the cup.

Fair play and thanks for the best wishes. :)

I must admit that a synthetic slope would be my biggest nightmare. ;)

Archived