Scottish Cup Final "Confirmed" Rugby Park AGREE?

SMFC

The Bo’ness v Linlithgow game had over 9,000 in attendance, obvious to anyone who was there. The official attendance was fairly laughable.

Can anyone give a link to the photos (or Youtube Highlights)?

Sounded like a cracking atmosphere

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the officials been announced I heard it's a senior referee in charge of the game.Our top official who keeps on blundering in the spfl.

Wullie Colum ?

Would be surprised though if it's a senior Ref as I always thought it was a final swansong for the top junior ref to bow out on before he himself went senior next season.

Wullie Colum ?

Would be surprised though if it's a senior Ref as I always thought it was a final swansong for the top junior ref to bow out on before he himself went senior next season.

Be Mr Napier then . You's a re a shoe in if Pollok qualify as he hates them lol. Well according to the Lok fans anyways . Stayed out this argument so far but in my opinion Rugby Park is unsuitable on 2 fronts . 1 being the Devils carpet & 2 is that whoever plays Beith in the final the ground will be 2/3rds empty . If your gonna play on false grass go to Broadwood as it will be a better atmosphere

Be Mr Napier then . You's a re a shoe in if Pollok qualify as he hates them lol. Well according to the Lok fans anyways . Stayed out this argument so far but in my opinion Rugby Park is unsuitable on 2 fronts . 1 being the Devils carpet & 2 is that whoever plays Beith in the final the ground will be 2/3rds empty . If your gonna play on false grass go to Broadwood as it will be a better atmosphere

Think everyone is in agreement that St mirren park is the perfect venue ï¸however if it's unavailable for pitch maintanence of for whatever other reason then there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Rugby park is far too big and it's an artificial surface and have said it from day one that junior players shouldn't be playing on that in the biggest game of their lives , keep hearing if it's good enough for champions league games then it's good enough for the juniors but that's not a relative argument for me, it's two hugely varied levels of football in terms of europes finest can keep possesion of the ball for anything up to 60 consecutive passes, junior football is nowhere near that standard and a huge part is sliding tackles and winning the second ball and who's got the best recovery in doing so, artificial pitches no matter how much they've progressed don't lend themselves well to slide tackles and when poorly timed they can look lots worse than when on a grass pitch due to the victims horrible landing on them.

Think it should be the whole hog of going to Hampden as the ground at killie is too big anyway and Hampden has a grass surface and is the home of scottish football,

Anyway who am I to be fussy as delighted to be in our first ever final for sure.

Used to play scarlett finals there my only issue isn't size of ground it's like hertha says its the pitch why not go to firhill then bit smaller and grass not far for either of beiths potential finalists

Yup firhill like fir park was used for years for the finals .

Again it could be pitch maintanence ï¸however rugby park hosted loads of scottish cup finals on grass and it never messed with their pitch upkeep duties so it can't be a fully across the board time of year to do if in the seniors when the junior cup final is to be hosted date wise.

And anyone that was at Livingston that night knows there were a lot more than 7483. The Boness end was completely full. There were about 400 empty seats in the Rose end and about 200/300 unavailable at the segregation. The capacity is given as 10,000 so there were definitely over 9000 there that night.

This. Was at that game and you struggled to see any spare seats bar the small segregation area.

The Bo’ness v Linlithgow game had over 9,000 in attendance, obvious to anyone who was there. The official attendance was fairly laughable.

Sure it was the highest attendance at the ground for a game but involving hearts or the old firm. Probably still would be!

Wullie Colum ?

Heard it from an ersjfa official.Would be a kick in the teeth for all those junior refs ready to make the grade.

Think everyone is in agreement that St mirren park is the perfect venue ï¸however if it's unavailable for pitch maintanence of for whatever other reason then there's nothing anyone can do about that.

Rugby park is far too big and it's an artificial surface and have said it from day one that junior players shouldn't be playing on that in the biggest game of their lives , keep hearing if it's good enough for champions league games then it's good enough for the juniors but that's not a relative argument for me, it's two hugely varied levels of football in terms of europes finest can keep possesion of the ball for anything up to 60 consecutive passes, junior football is nowhere near that standard and a huge part is sliding tackles and winning the second ball and who's got the best recovery in doing so, artificial pitches no matter how much they've progressed don't lend themselves well to slide tackles and when poorly timed they can look lots worse than when on a grass pitch due to the victims horrible landing on them.

Think it should be the whole hog of going to Hampden as the ground at killie is too big anyway and Hampden has a grass surface and is the home of scottish football,

Anyway who am I to be fussy as delighted to be in our first ever final for sure.

Junior final at Hampden? Behave.

Archived