Scottish Cup Final "Confirmed" Rugby Park AGREE?

SMFC

Beith Juniors announced today that SJFA confirmed this years final will be played at Rugby Park.

What's everyone's thoughts on this 17,000 Stadium without a grass pitch.

Would my home town teams ground in Paisley have been better?

8000 seats with grass pitch a few Beith fans I spoke with last week didn't want it to be played in Kilmarnock.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St mirren perfect for me, ideal sized stadium , great segregation, great GRASS pitch , ideal public transport links and I would go as far as saying that if you built a senior ground from scratch to accomodate a junior cup final then st mirren park is that very given model.

Rugby park it is then.

Not sure if St Mirren were asked not been to many junior games in last few years but been to a couple at old St Mirren Stadium and Firhill, so obviously at one point they were happy to do it.

We were saying on the way home that it would be great to go to Paisley especially if pollok made it as the ground would be full Maybe St Mirren have ground maintenance planned? Beith will be the underdogs so it might be to Beiths advantage a tiny bit ?

Not sure if St Mirren were asked not been to many junior games in last few years but been to a couple at old St Mirren Stadium and Firhill, so obviously at one point they were happy to do it.

I know they have been in the past (been to quite a few myself leaving mainly disappointed!!).

I have always been surprised at the lack of senior grounds who seem to want to host it. I wonder why it is.

Venues in the West Of Scotland: 
Rugby Park - 18,600 - 3G
Fir Park - 13,600

Cappielow - 11,589 (5,700 seats)

Excelsior Stadium - 10,000 - 3G
Firhill - 10,000
Scotstoun - ~10,000
Paisley 2021 Stadium - 8,000
Broadwood - 8,000 - 3G
New Douglas Park - 6,000 3G

Take your pick...

Just realised talking to my mate there, we did hear a rumour a few years back that St Mirren tried to charge too high a price for a junior cup final too take place at old Stadium just before we moved, interesting that we haven't had any junior games since we moved.

I have always been surprised at the lack of senior grounds who seem to want to host it. I wonder why it is.

It's the timing that puts teams off hosting it. St. Mirren might have been interested had they ended up in the playoffs but they are well clear of that now, so any major pitch maintenance will probably start ASAP after their last home match on Sunday May 1st. Clubs aren't going to hold on for nearly a month for the chance of making a few grand from the Junior Cup final.

Archived