Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pessimistic/bring back down to earth type post alert:

I think tomorrow might be one of those games that will make our support be a bit more realistic in our chances in the playoffs. I feel quite a few of us are jumping the gun a bit and think we'll steamroll our way to the final. I'm not saying we should all be doom and gloom about competing in the playoffs and whilst it's refreshing to see a more upbeat vibe within our support it's a tall ask for us to win the thing. Should we go out during the first hurdle then so be it but our fans are notorious for being whinging hoors and I get the feeling people will struggle to separate the 'we've done fantastically well to get to the playoffs' and the 'we should be winning the playoffs'. 

Really?

Any talk of winning the thing I've seen looks like its in jest.

We all knew that success this season would be challenging for the playoffs - to be there, 16 points clear, with games still to go is outstanding.

There is excitement/confidence yes, but thats to be expected.  Having seen 5 of our 6 seasons result in us clambering about the bottom of the league...I think its just natural to have a bit of excitement.

I'd be delighted to win the Quarter Final - and absolutely delirious to get any further than that. 

Really?

Any talk of winning the thing I've seen looks like its in jest.

We all knew that success this season would be challenging for the playoffs - to be there, 16 points clear, with games still to go is outstanding.

There is excitement/confidence yes, but thats to be expected.  Having seen 5 of our 6 seasons result in us clambering about the bottom of the league...I think its just natural to have a bit of excitement.

I'd be delighted to win the Quarter Final - and absolutely delirious to get any further than that. 

I can appreciate the comments, on here for example are mainly tongue in cheek, but from speaking to people in person I've heard a few say they genuinely think we can win it. I don't want to knock people for having that level of confidence, god knows we need a bit of confidence in our support these days, but.....acht I dunno, just think there will be a high amount of people feeling quite deflated going into next season if we don't get the outcome they wanted whereas we should just be looking at getting to the playoffs alone as being a fantastic achievement. 

McKinnon on Craigen, tomorrow's match and his own contract in today's Courier.

MacKinnon has done a great job this season for Raith and I respect that. However, is he seriously trying to play mind games in that interview?

All the nonsense about naming teams etc. We are talking about a team who hasn't beat us this season and are so many points ahead. He may well know our team but I think thats his problem to try and beat

MacKinnon has done a great job this season for Raith and I respect that. However, is he seriously trying to play mind games in that interview?

All the nonsense about naming teams etc. We are talking about a team who hasn't beat us this season and are so many points ahead. He may well know our team but I think thats his problem to try and beat

No worse than Houston saying in every single interview going that "we are battling to avoid Raith Rovers in the playoffs"

Parts of it a fair.  Falkirks team tommorow will likely be the one that plays in the playoffs, ours wont. 

I'm not sure it will to be honest. A lot depends on the injury situation for the likes of Watson and O'hara etc. but even then we've chopped and changed quite a bit up front and in the middle of the park  recently with different front pairings and different midfield options. If O'hara's fit then there's 4 options up front. If Watsons fit then you have Vaulks, Taiwo, Kerr, Alston , Hippolyte and Sibbald as options across the middle. So I wouldnt say the 11 tomorrow will definitely be the same 11 that starts in the playoffs.

Guest Back Post Misses

No worse than Houston saying in every single interview going that "we are battling to avoid Raith Rovers in the playoffs"

Parts of it a fair.  Falkirks team tommorow will likely be the one that plays in the playoffs, ours wont. 

I don't think that is really how Houston means it.

It so happens that Raith are fourth he really wants to avoid another two games. 

Houston is not scared about the mighty rovers.

Guest Back Post Misses

Sorry, I read Hibs stats in error.

Still, it's not 7 wins out of 10.

We have lost one game to teams outside Hibs and Rangers all season. And the game we lost we missed an injury time PK to draw. 

We have no fear going to Raith, but healthy respect for their current form. Raith too will be wary of us. Your results have been good even if some of the performances have not been briliant but all reports. (similar to us) 

We have lost one game to teams outside Hibs and Rangers all season. And the game we lost we missed an injury time PK to draw. 

We have no fear going to Raith, but healthy respect for their current form. Raith too will be wary of us. Your results have been good even if some of the performances have not been briliant but all reports. (similar to us) 

Outside of our games against Rangers and Hibs we have only lost 4 games!

Hopefully this should be a good game.

Well now, i have been following this thread from the start and their is so much expectations from both sets of fans that i see this match as being a no lose game by both sides. Its probably the biggest game in scotland tomorrow with a lot of media coverage and hype. Expectations from both sides is high and yes it is a forerunner of what could be the first leg of the playoff quarters. 

i SUGGEST ALL FANS SHOULD TAKE A BREATHER ON THIS AND LOWER THOSE EXPECTATIONS SOMEWHAT because at the end of the day i very much doubt either team will reach the final let alone win it. So how about just enjoying the occasion.

Well now, i have been following this thread from the start and their is so much expectations from both sets of fans that i see this match as being a no lose game by both sides. Its probably the biggest game in scotland tomorrow with a lot of media coverage and hype. Expectations from both sides is high and yes it is a forerunner of what could be the first leg of the playoff quarters.

i SUGGEST ALL FANS SHOULD TAKE A BREATHER ON THIS AND LOWER THOSE EXPECTATIONS SOMEWHAT because at the end of the day i very much doubt either team will reach the final let alone win it. So how about just enjoying the occasion.

No need to shout champ!

I suggest you start believing. Hibs are no great shakes. Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock are quite rotten also. I really think that Raith and Falkirk are well enough equipped to win the playoffs.

Don't you shout at me!

We are going all the way. Only a fool would think otherwise.

See you in The Premiedship!

No need to shout champ!

I suggest you start believing. Hibs are no great shakes. Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock are quite rotten also. I really think that Raith and Falkirk are well enough equipped to win the playoffs.

Well BB i hope you are correct, but i for one aint writing off hibs by any means and both DU and killy will i suggest have something to say on that matter. Its amazing what happens when the word survival comes into the equasion. No matter what happens its been a great season for both falkirk and the rovers.

Archived