Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

Seen McCann twice at RB and both times looked solid enough

Raith won't finish higher than 4th, the only position in question is 2nd. On paper it sounds simple, two wins and its ours, tho pre the 5.15 ko it could be a lot less, in that we could clinch it there.

I thot McCann was alrite, not a stand out but was more attacking than Muirhead, his injury problems I guess have continued with him not being on the bench most weeks

What I mean is, I didn't know how reliable he is due to fitness/injuries.  I have no doubt he can do a job at right back, but I have preferred Muirhead in this position, although I prefer him at CB.

Would rather we signed a good RB in the summer and move Muirhead to CB.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say whoever wins the 3rd v 4th playoff game will ultimately lose against 2nd place.  That's not being derogatory of any of the teams involved, however I believe it'll be a real scrap between the 3rd v 4th place teams, leaving the winner dead on their feet vs 2nd place.  It was different last season because it was a cake walk for Sevco vs QotS.  The difference is Raith have proven that they are more than just there to make up the numbers, so they'll give Falkirk/Hibs a real game.  If Hibs get the weeks break it'll do them a massive favour.  If not, they'll struggle.

I'd say whoever wins the 3rd v 4th playoff game will ultimately lose against 2nd place.  That's not being derogatory of any of the teams involved, however I believe it'll be a real scrap between the 3rd v 4th place teams, leaving the winner dead on their feet vs 2nd place.  It was different last season because it was a cake walk for Sevco vs QotS.  The difference is Raith have proven that they are more than just there to make up the numbers, so they'll give Falkirk/Hibs a real game.  If Hibs get the weeks break it'll do them a massive favour.  If not, they'll struggle.

Thats pretty fair and how I see it as well. 

I agree to some extent, but I am not sure if the winner of 3rd vs. 4th. is at a huge disadvantage to who finishes 2nd. Hamilton won two ties in a row, as did rangers. I think its more a case of there being more chance of the 2nd place side beating the premiership side than a 3rd or 4th placed side but the 3/4th v 2nd game won't be overly effected. I say this as  two ties in a row will be taxing, but not overly if there is a rest beforehand (which all clubs have due to having their place cemented) and the 'momentum' factor of recently winning a big tie (with the other side maybe being slightly 'cold' after a break). 

TBH 6 high pressure games at the end of a long season should be too much for most teams.

If it happens that will be brilliant, if not I'll be happy enough knowing that the Championhip will definitely have The Pars and it will probably have the likes of Hibs and Dundee United.

It's a bit of a pain what with these city teams grubbing about down here being the big fish in the small pond, as it pollutes the title race, but Edinburgh and Dundee are good away days.

Hasnt been a tasty fixture since Falkirk moved to their new ground.

I think the games agains them at Stenhousemuir were pretty decent though, from what i can remember.  The crowds they used to fit on that wee terrace behind the goals was crazy.

Im sure I remember us taking two good supports through there.  I mind one of the games, Pacquito chipped a corner to Toni Calderon at the edge of the box and his volley came off the underside of the bar.  Would have been an immense goal. 

Nah, it's a serious disadvantage having to play 6 high tension play off games. 4 is hard enough!

I remember two years ago we went down in the 1st leg to QOS, and had a fantastic performance in the return, nicking it on 118 minutes.

Come the following midweek we were all over the shop at first against Accies before steadying for a draw. The legs had gone by the away leg and we went down tamely 1-0.

Housty quoted Vaulks as saying the same thing just the other day.

Hasnt been a tasty fixture since Falkirk moved to their new ground.

I think the games agains them at Stenhousemuir were pretty decent though, from what i can remember. The crowds they used to fit on that wee terrace behind the goals was crazy.

Im sure I remember us taking two good supports through there. I mind one of the games, Pacquito chipped a corner to Toni Calderon at the edge of the box and his volley came off the underside of the bar. Would have been an immense goal.

Last time I travelled through to Falkirk was for the 1996/97 season Scottish Cup QF. Ian Munro's shitty team were gubbed.

I actually like the new stadium (Well i say new, it must be over 10 years old?!)

One of the best Rovers away crowds for noise was at a game in our title run in, when a certain Mark Stewart scored twice to put a huge dent in it.

I remember that game well. Baird scored an overhead kick for a late goal to pull it back a bit. Not an equaliser - mistyped it.

I also remember going absolutely tonto at Scott McBride that day for being a greedy, wasteful little p***k.

To this day I'm still spewing that I left early in our 2-1 win at Starks many many moons ago where we scored two very late goals. There's a Youtube vid kicking about. Games vs Falkirk haven't had that 'edge' to them since the Brockville days. Think I've only seen us win twice there. A game where Peter Duffield scored and I think some cup game where Novo went down 'injured' and promptly got back up and scored the winner.

To this day I'm still spewing that I left early in our 2-1 win at Starks many many moons ago where we scored two very late goals. 

I'm sure there's a fair few Falkirk "fans" spewing that they left Easter Road after 81 minutes last week.

Raithie, on 20 Apr 2016 - 17:05, said:

To this day I'm still spewing that I left early in our 2-1 win at Starks many many moons ago where we scored two very late goals. There's a Youtube vid kicking about. Games vs Falkirk haven't had that 'edge' to them since the Brockville days. Think I've only seen us win twice there. A game where Peter Duffield scored and I think some cup game where Novo went down 'injured' and promptly got back up and scored the winner.

The first one is, I think, the angriest I have ever been at the football, one occasion against Hearts aside.

Regarding Novo; he was subhuman filth when he played with the Rovers and only went downhill from there.

Archived