Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

Good lord, Scottydog has had a mare haha!

Anyway, I fancy a score draw on this, 2-2. There's been absolutely nothing between us this season, all pretty close games. As long as we keep playing well, I'd be happy.

Not really to sure of the injuries we've got just now except the obvious. I'd go with the same XI as we did against Dumbarton, except I'd bring in Longridge for Harry P, and Craigen for Anderson.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith are the form team in the league, but over the last 10 games we've only taken 4 less points than them and have both only lost once in that period. I'm expecting a tight encounter like our previous three meetings and would be happy enough with a point if Hibs slip up in one or both of their games before we play.

Would like to see a good open contest on Saturday. Both teams can be proud of their achievements this season and putting on a good show for cameras would be fitting. Attacking is the only way we can go given our defensive problems. Would take a 3-2 win or even a 2-2 draw. Extra supporters buses laid on for this despite the timing

Looking forward to this one, it's all set up for a cracker with the only downside being, that it's live on Alba. Raith may well be the form team in the league and fair play to them but we have more to worry them than vice versa. We have proved over this season we can adapt to certain games, opposition etc.

I fancy us to sneak it 1-0

we always struggle in this fixture so a draw would be an ok result. still think we will finish second but i guess tomorrow will be a big game for hibs, if they win that then its game on for them.

mchugh and miller to start

The closer it gets for us to have an opportunity to finish 2nd, the less confident I am about us getting it.

I would say this is a bigger match for us than it is Raith, as it's a bonus if they can get higher than 4th place and they've already secured the playoff spot.  I actually believe Hibs will win this evening and will probably have more problems against Morton, though I reckon they'll beat them too.

Would be happy to take anything from this game.  There's no doubting Raith are the leagues form team, this can't be ignored.

Line-up?  Probably what has been suggested by BPM, as I'm not sure how fit/reliable McCann is at RB

The closer it gets for us to have an opportunity to finish 2nd, the less confident I am about us getting it.

I would say this is a bigger match for us than it is Raith, as it's a bonus if they can get higher than 4th place and they've already secured the playoff spot. I actually believe Hibs will win this evening and will probably have more problems against Morton, though I reckon they'll beat them too.

Would be happy to take anything from this game. There's no doubting Raith are the leagues form team, this can't be ignored.

Line-up? Probably what has been suggested by BPM, as I'm not sure how fit/reliable McCann is at RB

Seen McCann twice at RB and both times looked solid enough

I would say this is a bigger match for us than it is Raith, as it's a bonus if they can get higher than 4th place and they've already secured the playoff spot.

Line-up? Probably what has been suggested by BPM, as I'm not sure how fit/reliable McCann is at RB

Raith won't finish higher than 4th, the only position in question is 2nd. On paper it sounds simple, two wins and its ours, tho pre the 5.15 ko it could be a lot less, in that we could clinch it there.

I thot McCann was alrite, not a stand out but was more attacking than Muirhead, his injury problems I guess have continued with him not being on the bench most weeks

Raith fans, who would you rather play in the first playoff game? I'd suggest yous have a better chance of beating a shattered Hibs then beating us than beating us first then beating Hibs who will be able to finally get some much needed rest.

Yous should let us win this.

Raith fans, who would you rather play in the first playoff game? I'd suggest yous have a better chance of beating a shattered Hibs then beating us than beating us first then beating Hibs who will be able to finally get some much needed rest.

Yous should let us win this.

Hibs.

I'd also prefer to finish 4th and have the Saturday game in Edinburgh.

However, I also want us to win every game. It's a dilemma.

My aim was just to be contending for the playoffs come the business end of the season, to be 16 points clear in 4th is absolutely wild.

Being realistic, I'd be delighted to win one of the two-legged ties.  Our momentum might get us through that much, but after that I think we would fade away.

Just great to be involved though.

Taiwo been in for x-rays after picking up a knock against hibs. Nothing broken but to rest the injury. Hopefully 10days is enough of a rest

He can't of got hurt v Hibs.

I'm informed by their fans that we were the hatchet team. Unless 1 of our players kicked him.

On that note, how many Hibs players played v us last week and were injured for the semi?

Archived