Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a bigger game than the Hibs draw as far as I am concerned. Raith are the form team since turn of the year so we will need to be at our best. Our centre half situation if Watson is still out will be a big factor as will Muirheads suspension. I would like to see Vaulks in the back four but then again he is a goal threat for us. A game for the Hippo to become a legend

Craigen should play if available and suits the system on the day. Should we meet in the play offs then he should be left out.

As for the game it's a bit of a funny one falkirk will want to finish second but won't want to give too much away in case we meet in the play offs. We will finish 4th so not much at stake plus we won't want to give too much away in case we meet over 2 legs.

Craigen should play if available and suits the system on the day. Should we meet in the play offs then he should be left out.

As for the game it's a bit of a funny one falkirk will want to finish second but won't want to give too much away in case we meet in the play offs. We will finish 4th so not much at stake plus we won't want to give too much away in case we meet over 2 legs.

Having played each other three times and TV games displaying each other in recent weeks, won't really give much to hide, like ourselves, we don't have massive squads to change much.

As for Craigen, its stuff like this that makes signing players January onwards a real mess, giving the player a chance to be hero or villain for both clubs. I doubt integrity comes into it, tho some fans will have that in their mind.

Is Mark Stewart injured ?

Good to see our players get a bit rest/time off, hopefully comeback with two more games mentality to get the remaining points required for 2nd place and hope to meet Raith again in the semi.

Hibs haven't won a play off tie yet...let's keep it this way

Our squad has barely changed since last January. 

The players that have come in since then/this season - Rogers, Watson, Hippolyte, McGrandles, McHugh & Miller are generally well known from this league in the past.

Grant and McGrandles are out for the season with bad injuries so won't feature in this game or any potential playoffs. O'Hara is probably the only player Raith Rovers won't know a great deal about. 

You could say the same re us for Raith Rovers squad. 

Both teams approach will be affected by the Hibs matches. If Hibs lose both, we can probably think about resting a couple of players with the pressure off - whilst Raith will be fired up. If Hibs win both games, vise versa. 

Guest Back Post Misses

I think it will be a draw. Raith are playing well just now but I think the week off will have helped us recharge the batteries. 

It could be much more important to Raith if Hibs dont pick up a lot of points before the game. 

We will be up for this one I think. Raith suffering from delusions of grandeur recently so it's time they learned their place. 2 nil Falkirk with Hippo scoring all three and breaking a few beaks into the bargain

Show me these delusions of grandeur?

We are a bit confident because we have the best form in the league. Hardly a crime.

With Muirhead suspended, I'd go with

Rogers

Vaulks Watson McCracken Leahy

Alston Kerr Taiwo Hippolyte

McHugh Miller

Sibbald, Baird and O'Hara the subs to come on.

That's the team I'd go for too assuming Watson is fit.

Interesting game this one, Raith have looked good when we've played them and by all accounts are the team to beat in the division at the moment. With the run they're on I wouldn't like to give them any more confidence for the playoffs although I'd like them to beat Hibs.

Guest Back Post Misses

With Muirhead suspended, I'd go with

Rogers

Vaulks Watson McCracken Leahy

Alston Kerr Taiwo Hippolyte

McHugh Miller

Sibbald, Baird and O'Hara the subs to come on.

Massive match, regardless of the two Hibs results. Hopefully we take a big support through despite it being on TV - 1,347 of us at East Road on Tuesday in the pissing rain, so hopefully similar numbers make the trip for this one. COYB

I would swap Taiwo and Vaulks

Archived