Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

External funding apparently.

How much part time teams have home supports of 1500? Granted our support is poor, but it's double most part time teams.

Fair play, who's doing it?

It's not really a fair comparison based on comparing it to other teams. A core support of about 1400 (based on most of your game this season, even being as low as 1000 against Alloa) won't be able to permanently fund full time players, more so the calibre of which your team has. Would enjoy it while the external funding lasts.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can rightly be aggreived at davidson still be on the park but apart from that weve been our own downfall.

Miller should have been off 2nd booking for blocking the goal kick, Falkirk players lifting there hands into the faces of Rovers players twice yet went unpunished, So maybe Davidson should have been sent off fair play but equally some Falkirk players were as equally culpable

I thought that was a pretty decent game. Pre match I got the feeling that Ray wasn't that bothered about winning but when Falkirk scored something changed and he thought "f**k it, we are here to win games" and stuck on 2 of our better players in an attempt to win the game.

Considering the game was live on the TV and it wasn't the most crucial game of the season it was a good turn out by the Falkirk fans.

I don't think either team should be feared of the playoffs, its seem obvious that its going to be close between the top 3. Just hope whomever emerges manages to beat the SPL team. I can't wait!

Hardie won't make it at Rangers.

He's just turned 19. If Barrie McKay can make it at Rangers then Hardie definitely has a shot.

Personally, I think if he keeps developing he's a big future.

It is possible we could beat morton next week and still fish third. Hibs are at home to two poor sides with nothing to play for and could feasibly beat them both by four goals. Stranger things have happened. Morton are a tough nut to crack. We've really struggled against them this season. Every bairn needs to turn up to this and the team need to go at them from the off for an early goal.

In that scenario only 1-0 win for us would see us finish Third - any other win would see us finish Second.

I agree though that Hibs could really make a dent in that goal difference.

Somebody mentioned that none of the 3 of us will beat whoever finishes 11th..

I disagree with that, Killie have been poor all season, and would fancy any of the 3 of us to beat them over two legs, and Hamilton, we've already beat them this season with a far worse team/ team with less options than we have now. So I'd fancy us to beat them as well. I reckon whoever gets to the final will come out the other end promoted.

May the best team triumph.

How are Raith funding all those players on part time crowds? You can tell they've budgeted for premier league football with two players for each position. Financial meltdown looms for them if they don't get promoted.

Did well to get a point when we have a winger playing at full back and a central midfielder in at centre half, with the other centre half being third choice. Bringing on a youngster who's barely played all season (even when on loan at struggling Brechin) and sets up the equaliser. Couldn't make it up.

Get your facts right pal, 3 local business men are funding 3 players that have signed this season , My heart bleeds concerning injuries ! we had 6 1st team players out for long periods of the season hence our superb run of results since febuary when all these players started to return.

1059 from Falkirk according to RR own Twitter account.

Cheers for that. Didnt realise the support didnt go all the way across the stand, so probably sounds about right. That figure puts Raith's crowd up 99 from the last time we played as well #armageddon

Hardie won't make it at Rangers.

Hardie is a typical Warburton player.  He is young, has a point to prove and is comfortable with the ball at his feet.  I can see him having a great season with us next year.

Needs to get rid of the bum fluff, mind.

Get your facts right pal, 3 local business men are funding 3 players that have signed this season , My heart bleeds concerning injuries ! we had 6 1st team players out for long periods of the season hence our superb run of results since febuary when all these players started to return.

I'm not your 'pal'. Two nibbles including this one. So we've both had injury concerns, yet we are still ahead of you.

With the squad you have and your form at the moment compared to the other teams, Raith are the favourites for the playoffs. No chance we would be able to rest 5 players today, they'll be much fresher than us. In saying that if you budget for the premier league then that's what you get I suppose.

I'm sick of reading winging posts from Falkirk fans on here. Not only did you shout for every little push, complain about some of our players and the pitch which both teams play on. Have a look at your own team. Vaulks should have been off today. Twice he pushed Raith players, raising hands should have resulted in bookings both times.

Granted you apparently played a weakened side, so did we. Toshney, Callachan, Stewart, Connolly and Hardie. None of them started today, half our starting 11.

Also you had something to play for today, we didnt. No fight from us but in the play offs we will be up for a fight which should give us more of an edge. Looking forward to whoever we play as underdogs we have nothing to lose.

Miller should have been off 2nd booking for blocking the goal kick, Falkirk players lifting there hands into the faces of Rovers players twice yet went unpunished, So maybe Davidson should have been sent off fair play but equally some Falkirk players were as equally culpable

What a load of fucking baloney

I said it earlier in this thread and i will say it again. I dont think any of the 3 play off teams will get promoted and personally i really hope they dont.

Just look at the mouth watering prospect for next seasons championships. Hibs, falkirk, raith rovers, dundee united and dunfirmline PLus add QOS and possibly morton into the pot and what a very exciting league the champioship will be. I suggest it would attract much more media hype than the premiership which will almost certainly become a two horse race with maybe aberdeen and hearts on the fringe of matters.

I think the suits over in glasgow will be filling their breeks at the prospect of challengers to their beloved spl. THink on it guys before you reply.

Archived