Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Raith actually check for student cards or are they like Dunfermline and just pocket it?

They check. Go to the office at the main stand, show the wifey your card and she'll give you a student ticket.

Is Tawio definitely missing ? Anyone else out apart from the long termers and Muirhead ? Do you think McKinnon will rest any players knowing that 4th is more or less cemented where you will finish and keep his squad as fresh as he can for the playoff games ?

McKinnon has spoken about squad rotation in the local press this week and now that we have no chance of 3rd place I would expect the odd fringe player to get some game time. I don't see us doing anything radical like handing debuts to untried youngsters from the youth team or anything like that though.

McKinnon has spoken about squad rotation in the local press this week and now that we have no chance of 3rd place I would expect the odd fringe player to get some game time. I don't see us doing anything radical like handing debuts to untried youngsters from the youth team or anything like that though.

And even the players that will likely get game time the next 2 weeks are players like Matthews, McCord( :( ) etc will be able to do a job as well and wouldn't severely weaken us anyway.

we need to win this match.  lets not rely on other teams doing us favours.  if Raith are fielding fringe players it might not work out well for us, as these players will want to prove to McKinnon that they should be starting in the playoff games.

Guest Back Post Misses

If we finish 3rd now, we won't get past Raith. Confidence and energy will be gone.

Utter rubbish. 

Can't help feeling that Raith will be a that bit  fresher at this point in the season than us unfortunately. They've got a few loan players who haven't been through the rigours of a full championship campaign like our guys and they seem to be getting players back from injury at the right time whilst we've been losing players that way. Going to take a huge effort to win our last two games. If we could get a draw Saturday and then beat Morton and yet still end up 3rd then you'd need to take your hat off to hibs for winning their last 4. Would be strange though to end up behind them having lost half as many games.  

Guest Back Post Misses

With all respect to RR we are not going White Hart Lane this weekend. Reading some of our fans you would think we were mind you. 

Sure they are in good form. I rate their manager and I think he has brought in some decent players in January. 

However we are also in decent form. We have the backbone of a side that has lost to only one side in the league outside Hibs and Sevco all season so we should be going with confidence. We will take a decent vocal support and in real terms Raith don't have anything to play for in this game apart from trying to lay down a marker for the playoffs. The result won't effect Raith in real terms either way. 

Yes it is going to be a tough game but we are more than capable of getting a result. 

With all respect to RR we are not going White Hart Lane this weekend. Reading some of our fans you would think we were mind you. 

Sure they are in good form. I rate their manager and I think he has brought in some decent players in January. 

However we are also in decent form. We have the backbone of a side that has lost to only one side in the league outside Hibs and Sevco all season so we should be going with confidence. We will take a decent vocal support and in real terms Raith don't have anything to play for in this game apart from trying to lay down a marker for the playoffs. The result won't effect Raith in real terms either way. 

Yes it is going to be a tough game but we are more than capable of getting a result. 

3 wins in the last 10 league games?

Pessimistic/bring back down to earth type post alert:

I think tomorrow might be one of those games that will make our support be a bit more realistic in our chances in the playoffs. I feel quite a few of us are jumping the gun a bit and think we'll steamroll our way to the final. I'm not saying we should all be doom and gloom about competing in the playoffs and whilst it's refreshing to see a more upbeat vibe within our support it's a tall ask for us to win the thing. Should we go out during the first hurdle then so be it but our fans are notorious for being whinging hoors and I get the feeling people will struggle to separate the 'we've done fantastically well to get to the playoffs' and the 'we should be winning the playoffs'. 

Archived