Raith Rovers v Falkirk - 5.15 KO - 23/4

Nothing has really changed for me and I doubt Houston will set out in this game any different whether Hibs are level or not. Any points dropped in Hibs other game in hand and the game last night would have been a bonus. All we can do is concentrate on winning our own games. Some momentum going into the playoffs at whatever stage will be a huge boost.

Simples, players will know get 6pts and they will get a few days off come season end, if not, we will have to slog it out....unless we only need 4pts of course

Ive said in the past that its almost mission impossible to go up via finishing 3rd or 4th, its still a major task finishing 2nd. It tends to be the first leg of the next play off tie that gazumps the team. Us against Hamilton, Rangers v Motherwell and to an extent tho rescued Hibs v Hamilton. Mentally and physically these games take it out of the players.

Long way off till then, more concerned about our starting 11 if Taiwo is also out

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs are more prone to Hibs things, but they have really dominated us a few times this season - which Falkirk havent really done (bar the first hour at the last game through there, before Jason Thomson saved the day)

Is Tawio definitely missing ? Anyone else out apart from the long termers and Muirhead ? Do you think McKinnon will rest any players knowing that 4th is more or less cemented where you will finish and keep his squad as fresh as he can for the playoff games ?

Is Tawio definitely missing ? Anyone else out apart from the long termers and Muirhead ? Do you think McKinnon will rest any players knowing that 4th is more or less cemented where you will finish and keep his squad as fresh as he can for the playoff games ?

I doubt it to be honest. We gave Anderson and Harry a start last week which they haven't had for a while, and Toshney was left out altogether. That was about it though - you don't want players going into the play-offs having not played for three weeks. Big difference between being rested and losing match practice.

I think this will be pretty much a first-pick side before a real reserve team at Livi on the final day. We don't have a recognised first eleven and the team generally has a couple of changes week-to-week anyway though, to be fair. Toshney and Davidson are likely to play as they missed last week. Maybe giving Callachan a rest could be a good idea.

Is there any descent pubs around Starks park?,

Novar Bar is 10/15 min walk from ground, prob your best shout.  Penny Farthing on the Hight Street is good as well, but quite small. 

I'd rather play Falkirk myself as, rightly or wrongly, I think we have a better shot at beating them.

Craigen should play to see how he gets on.

You should want to play Hibs first IMO. Regardless of who you play first, you'll have to beat both of us to have a chance at getting promoted, surely better to play Hibs right after the regular season who will be absolutely knackered after a ridiculous run of games, then play us. The alternative is playing us and then getting a much fresher Hibs team the following week.

Is there any descent pubs around Starks park?,

As mentioned, you've got the Novar, The Penny (on the high street) and The Duchess also (walk straight along Links Street, and you're at San Starko). There's a few others but further along the High Street. The Novar will have the football on (probably) and both the Novar and The Duchess do food.

As mentioned, you've got the Novar, The Penny (on the high street) and The Duchess also (walk straight along Links Street, and you're at San Starko). There's a few others but further along the High Street. The Novar will have the football on (probably) and both the Novar and The Duchess do food.

No toasties at the Penny anymore?

I'd rather play Falkirk myself as, rightly or wrongly, I think we have a better shot at beating them.

Craigen should play to see how he gets on.

Hibs are no longer the free flowing team they were pre Morton 3 nil defeat, their MOM performances are coming from Bartley, recent goals scored are being handed to them by defences/goalkeepers/referees, no longer the x passes or great play also add playing a quarter season in a month and then we get to the hibsing.

Cummins will also be haunted by that miss, putting Hibs out also will give them the rest required to take on Rangers and at least give it a go

Archived