2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

If we presume that photograph to be unquestionable proof that no Rangers fans blocked the police vans then it is entirely consistant that I, or anyone, can post a still showing no Rangers players being attacked on the pitch after the game and presume that to, also, be proof that none of them were attacked.

That would be just as stupid and ignorant as your post though, so let's not.

As it is, the extent of both events are yet to be corroborated by anything other than heresay.

post-33652-0-00580400-1464595079_thumb.p

Warbs has surfaced....

Warburton was loathe to discuss the shocking scenes at Hampden in the immediate aftermath of the Cup final.

His players were forced to get their runners-up medals in the dressing room, delivered in a carrier bag and distributed by Warburton and Weir.

He said: “It was a disappointing way to end the season. Hibs won and credit to them but we were 2-1 ahead and I felt we should’ve seen it out.

“Losing Dom Ball through suspension hurt us. We lost that physicality and height he brings.

“However, the big priority was to return to the Premiership and we managed that.

“What happened after the final was deeply disappointing. It’s very sad such a showpiece game will be remembered for that. But that’s all I’m saying.â€

Respectfully, Mr Warburton, I wont remember the game like that.

It'll be remembered for your boys hilariously shiting themselves after taking the lead and wee David Gray popping up to nod in the winner. It'll be remembered for Stokesy being on #flames and your team creating near enough zero clear cut chances over the course of the match. Last I'll remember it as the time that Hibernian created the biggest and most laughed at heads gone in history.

Edited by Zing.

Warbs has surfaced....

Warburton was loathe to discuss the shocking scenes at Hampden in the immediate aftermath of the Cup final.

His players were forced to get their runners-up medals in the dressing room, delivered in a carrier bag and distributed by Warburton and Weir.

Exactly who forced them? By the time Hibs collected their winners' medals (and the Cup, let's not forget the Cup) the pitch had been cleared so Rangers could easily have picked up their losers' medals in the normal way.

Keith jack sons piece in the record today begins by saying we should focus on the positives and talk about the excitement in Scottish football just now and not the pitch invasion.

Then waffles on for 90% of the remainder of the article about how shameful it all was.

Journalist of the year indeed.

Yer charged for carrier bags now.....wonder who stumped up for that.....must have come from Kings warchest

Nah, they'll send the bill to Easter Road. If Hibs are lucky they'll even put a stamp on it.

Why's that? There would have been a lot of angry **** around.

It was put down as police lies being exaggerated by a two-bit rag of a 'news' paper.

It's also just a little far fetched - although I suppose if Hibs fans are celebrating by swinging punches at 'Rangers' players then anythings possible.

Nice to see the champions league trophy being presented and the runners up getting their medals, so unlike the Scottish Cup ruined by morons.

You love a runners up medal presentation eh.  There was a really good one a year ago today.

I couldn't find a picture tho, I think it's because nobody gives a sh*t about the losers.

I did find this picture tho...

29342E0100000578-0-image-a-1_14330043865

Happy anniversary.

It was put down as police lies being exaggerated by a two-bit rag of a 'news' paper.

It's also just a little far fetched - although I suppose if Hibs fans are celebrating by swinging punches at 'Rangers' players then anythings possible.

Absolutely green with envy at our famous triumph. Up ye 8)

For what its worth.....I think the people from Manchester would disagree that its far fetched when you consider what happened down there Edited by the 67