2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

Haven't been near P&B all weekend so just wanted to add my huge congratulations to Hibs fans on here. You guys have taken more ribbing and stick than most over the years and I think almost everyone was happy to see Hibs finally, finally, finally win the Big Cup. Hope you all had a smashing time with the open bus tour yesterday  :cheers

Cynically, if I was on Rangers' PR team and I was quite shameless, I'd be saying anything to get "We are the victims" onto the front pages before the cops and the SFA start reviewing videos and handing out fines.

It puts pressure on the authorities to make an example of Hibs and to go easy on Rangers, regardless of what the evidence actually shows. When the beaks hand down thumping fines to both teams, as they will surely have to after looking at the videos of who was attacking whom, then the fun will really start.

11 now apparently. Be interested to hear which 11 seen as we've only seen Foderingham being pushed and a few folk swing and miss at Wallace. Must be true though. The paper said it.

CjHtOF1W0AAqWdR.jpg

"Every member of the Rangers team was assaulted or spat on" - Daily Record, source, IbroxLoyal Facebook page

"Kenny wasn't touched. Ppl should stop telling lies!!" - Laura Miller, source, her husband being one of the 11

Hmmm....

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Cynically, if I was on Rangers' PR team and I was quite shameless, I'd be saying anything to get "We are the victims" onto the front pages before the cops and the SFA start reviewing videos and handing out fines.

It puts pressure on the authorities to make an example of Hibs and to go easy on Rangers, regardless of what the evidence actually shows. When the beaks hand down thumping fines to both teams, as they will surely have to after looking at the videos of who was attacking whom, then the fun will really start.

This.

It's exactly what's going on.

I'm at work where Twitter is blocked - is that the clip where we see see a Hibs fans swing and miss a 'Rangers' player or is it the missing evidence we've been asking for?

Its the one where a guy swing a punch at a player when running past him, before being dragged away by folk in black tracksuits who are apparently Rangers staff. He should be easy to find and punish.

Still no idea why Rangers have blown this so far out of proportion as its clear as day Hibs would get punished an fans would be banned even if they'd kept schtum, its just bitter as f**k.

Its also clear as day, going by Twitter, that the Rangers statement has just encited their support into more violence in the upcoming season. They should get fined for that...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Raging Rangers fan at my work has called on Hibs to have the cup taken off them and not allowed to represent Scotland in Europe. He also think Rangers fans were justified in coming onto the pitch because they were "provoked"

Of course he does. There are plenty of Rangers manchildren who have no self control. This is where the stories of domestic abuse after losing old firm games come from. Doesn't matter that it wasn't Celtic this time, they wore green and look a bit Catholicky so that's f*nian enough for the People. 

The most damning evidence I've seen of players being attacked is that Sevco blazer aiming a kick at the Hibs player as he was running near the dugout area. I'm sure the footage of all 11 Sevco players being viciously assaulted will emerge in due course.

Sevco had a rare opportunity to take the moral high ground over this and they have Hibs'd Dundee'd it with those pathetic statements.

The most damning evidence I've seen of players being attacked is that Sevco blazer aiming a kick at the Hibs player as he was running near the dugout area.

I saw that but assumed it was a fan he kicked!?

For clarification - that would be a grown man in full Hibs kit !!