2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

54 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ha, you sat through the whole thing just for that I bet!

Yeh I wanted to count to make sure all 11 Rangers players suffered a deadly assault, as reported.

• 1 month later...
On 21 May 2016 at 16:54, Jacksgranda said:

Congratulations Hibs! My brother and one of my nephews will be over the moon. I'm assuming his younger brother will also be pleased and the youngest one will be happy for his dad and big brother.

Brilliant! I'm nearly as pleased as if the Dons had won it!

Has Gregory seen this?

Still the best Scottish Cup Final I've seen.

It had everything. The ***s massive favourites beforehand, their most hated player in that Hibs line up scoring the opener in cool AF fashion, THAT winner, mentally and (hilariously) physically damaged ***s all over the place, probably the best rendition of Sunshine on Leith anywhere, ever, ***s claiming their entire line up had been assaulted only to be contradicted on twitter by Kenny Miller's wife, Lee "the grass" Wallace, Martin Boyle's fucking massive sesh and the general absolute bitching of The Rangers Football Club. 

Glorious stuff. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Statistics

Scottish Cup Players:

Conrad Logan, Mark Oxley, Otso Virtanen, Darren McGregor, Paul Hanlon, Liam Fontaine, David Gray, Fraser Fyvie, Dylan McGeouch, John McGinn, Lewis Stevenson, Anthony Stokes, Jason Cummings, James Keatings, Liam Henderson, Niklas Gunnarsson, Marvin Bartley, Farid El Alagui, Martin Boyle, Chris Dagnall, Kevin Thomson, Danny Carmichael, Dominique Malonga.

Unused Substitutes:

Danny Handling, Oliver Shaw, Callum Donaldson, Henri Anier, Jordon Forster, Sean Brennan

Lewis Stevenson, John McGinn, Darren McGregor and Liam Henderson played in all 7 matches.

Lewis Stevenson and John McGinn played in every minute of every game.

Anthony Stokes was top scorer with 4; Jason Cummings scored 2; Darren McGregor, James Keatings, Dominique Malonga, Paul Hanlon and David Gray each scored 1.

McGregor's goal against Raith Rovers marked Hibs' 1000th Scottish Cup goal.

One million hours since the 1902 win was marked, a few days later, on 24 May 2016.

Hibernian's three Scottish Cup victories came in three different centuries at three different venues.

Hibs became the first lower-league side to feature in both the League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Final, in the same year.

Edited by Mon Dieu