2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

It really was a fucking unbelievable day. I'd honestly give anything just to relive it again.

From being in the pub before the game with the same three mates that I was at the County final and the Play off games with, to the final whistle blowing. I don't think I'll ever feel the emotions that I felt in those last few minutes ever again. By the time that I got back to my bus I was physically and emotionally drained.

Strange strange build up to the final. I couldn't have cared less in the fortnight leading up to it, after Ross County, Starks Park and the Chemical Dome, I'd had it up to here

Usually leading up to a final everyone's all excited and Facebook is filled with Hibbys all talking about it but there was next to nothing in May. Normally I've got a list of people wanting my second ticket but I couldn't give it away for love nor money, ended up selling it to work pal a few days beforehand

We usually train it to all away games apart from finals just incase we have to get back for a party but this time we didn't bother looking for buses, same as I always take the Monday off after a final to recover from the potential party but I was scunnered so didn't bother. A mixture of so many disappointments at Hampden plus our piss poor league form making us arguably statistically the worst/lowest ranked Hibs team in history going into a final with our track record I didn't hold much hope

Come cup final morning I woke up with nerves stretched that tight you could have run a unicycle across them though, then in Montfords it was in the back of my mind a Pat Stanton quote "Hibs will win the cup when you least expect it"

First Stokesy scored, I just stood there not getting my hopes up and letting myself get carried away. After that I kept saying after each chance this is going to cost us. 1-1 then 1-2 I thought "fücking here we go again, business as usual"

The corner came in and it's 2-2 I went berserk, my pal was going berserker. So I'm shiting myself for the next 12 minutes then it's all blank then Stokes missed the chance which lead to the corner and my pal said to me "this is it......"

When it went in I never jamp or cheered, I just curled up in a ball and crouched beneath my seat. Someone lifted me up just as the whistle was going and as I turned around I just seen everyone from the north stand running on the pitch

Before I knew it we were leaping over the electric boards then I thought "WTF are we meant to do now" then I says I'll see if I can find my auld man, 64 year auld and I found the auld cünt

On the train back it was complete silence, I've been on rowdier trains after getting pumped before. Made it back to Leith with a big carry oot and spent all night outside Middletons singing and dancing, the highlight being the polis stopping the traffic while we were doing the Dominique Malonga Conga

Come Sunday morning I woke up after probably only a couple of hours sleep, arranged to meet everybody at whatever time and tried to get a sleep. It wisnae happening, raided the fridge and took 2 Kopperbergs and 5 Buds and found a park bench and I was in tears!!

Come the parade I was well on my way to being absolutely paraletic and after bumping into loads of folk I hadn't seen in years it must have been 11 at night ended up in a nightclub up the toon and left at the back of 2 and phoned the nightshift manager at the work telling them I wouldn't be coming in that day

Best weekend ever and I'd give anything to do it all over again.

IMG_1479593865.771514.jpg.70de08f2e7fa2e

2 hours ago, shootingboots said:

If someone were to ask me what was my favourite non Aberdeen game in Scottish football, I'd answer the 2016 Scottish cup final. 8)

Definitely

I was jumping about like a lunatic in my living room when the winner went in :lol:

Was at a party that night in Aberdeen and the DJ played Sunshine on Leith

Scenes

2 hours ago, shootingboots said:

If someone were to ask me what was my favourite non Aberdeen game in Scottish football, I'd answer the 2016 Scottish cup final. 8)

I've just emerged from a six-month coma. What was the score?