2016 Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian FC v Rangers

Bambino7

This.

Our sports media has managed to assemble a rather extreme selection of oddballs that just seem overly desperate to argue with each other live on air.

Atleast they got rid of Jum Spence, the oddest oddball of them all.

No-one should be surprised that journalists aren't tearing into that Rangers statement (even though a few have alluded to it being laughable on twitter) or condeming any of their fan's actions. Rewind a few years ago to Jim Spence-gate and what that caused. You've got a whole bunch of morons literally sending threats to the guy's family just because he made a comment that they don't like. There's no doubt a lot of them avoid talking down ra peepul purely to avoid the inevitable backlash 

Right 2 days later and in a reflective mood.  I'm 35 and in that time I have seen Hibs win 2 trophies, until the weekend.  I was at the 6-2 game, yes I was at the 5-1 final but not the other preferable 5-1 final.  Seen us scudded by celtic in two other finals,  beaten by Livi and humped 7-0 by Malmo,  f**k I was at the 6-6 Well game ffs.  My point is I have seen some really good highs, beating Hearts, the OF etc and some utter pumpings.

I have not been able to get the smile off of my face yet, truly it kinda hurts a wee bit.  If there was one team other than Hearts I would have loved to have won the big cup against it would be Rangers or mk2 Rangers.  The second Grey scored the winner I screamed at the utter top of my lungs, I roared and I have no shame in saying I fucking cried like a wee girl.  I embraced and hugged every person around me and I wish I could put into words the sheer emotion I felt.  Fans of big teams will never ever come close to that feeling of utter euphoria.  I ran on the pitch I screamed and cheered my lungs out.  I still can't fathom the joy I feel.

No-one should be surprised that journalists aren't tearing into that Rangers statement (even though a few have alluded to it being laughable on twitter) or condeming any of their fan's actions. Rewind a few years ago to Jim Spence-gate and what that caused. You've got a whole bunch of morons literally sending threats to the guy's family just because he made a comment that they don't like. There's no doubt a lot of them avoid talking down ra peepul purely to avoid the inevitable backlash

the 2nd statement was one of a very needy child

I was initially thinking that the aftermath of the match was a bad thing as it took away from cracking final. Thanks to Sevco's hilarious response and Hibs measured response I think it's been better than the match. Absolutely brilliant entertainment.

Edited by MattBairn

Hibs are fucking magic club. The statement to the media shows them to be a true class act.

The Stranger Dangers on the other hand. .......What a shower of shite they are. Still at least at this stage of "the Journey", just when we feared it was going to be business as usual and a return to the dark old days, they provide even more LOLs to keep us, the good guys, going.

Hahahahahaha!!

**** are still greeting all over the place having full blown heads gones.

Has a Scottish football club, or any club for that matter, ever made such a complete arse of themselves.

Horrible c***s.

Look no further than Celtic 1999

Land I don't see the over reaction really , players were attacked on the pitch

Had that been rangers fans many on here would have been petitioning for the return of capital punishment

A question for your good self lichtie , what do you see being the main difference being between the unionist at george square on referendum day and the hibs fans who invaded the pitch , attacked players and chose to make their way to the rangers end knowing violence was always a possible issue ?

forever_blue, on 23 May 2016 - 22:37, said:

Had that been rangers fans many on here would have been petitioning for the return of capital punishment

A question for your good self lichtie , what do you see being the main difference being between the unionist at george square on referendum day and the hibs fans who invaded the pitch , attacked players and chose to make their way to the rangers end knowing violence was always a possible issue ?

There was still a lot wrong with the second statement though, and your club still ignore any wrong doing whatsoever.

I'd still maintain that Hibs will get a bigger punishment, and that will be absolutely deserved by them. Your own club have been nothing short of a disgrace through this though and your deflection doesn't do anything to detract from this.

^^^stranger danger

Hibs are fucking magic club. The statement to the media shows them to be a true class act.

The Stranger Dangers on the other hand. .......What a shower of shite they are. Still at least at this stage of "the Journey", just when we feared it was going to be business as usual and a return to the dark old days, they provide even more LOLs to keep us, the good guys, going.

Hahahahahaha!!

The Stranger Dangers :lol:

That's going to stick.